1.    #1  
    All of a sudden my Pre3 won't open any videos, circle keeps spinning but no luck, I tried media refresher but it won't make a difference, neither does hard resetting it, so I'm out of options on how to fix this.
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
  2.    #2  
    Well I just realised it's not opening any audio files either, and the camera doesn't work too.
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    I had this symptoms short time ago. Save your files on USB Partition to PC then delete the USB Partition on your Pre.
    It looks like it happens, because there is a problem with media files.
    ive had this when a broken or dodgey file was present and the app just circles forever, last time i had that issue it was an MP4 video of some old amiga megademos id ripped from youtube on pc and transferred over.

I found that 2 of them for whatever reason broke the video app etc till i deleted them, which was weird as id copied around 14 vids, all from youtube, all ripped as MP4 with the same youtube<>MP4 convertor extension, so i kinda expected them all to break the vid app but they didnt.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwidion View Post
    Save your files on USB Partition to PC then delete the USB Partition on your Pre.
    Not sure what you mean by partition, would that be the download folder?
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    I mean /media/internal also known as USB-Drive (if you connect your phone to pc)

As geekpeter pointed out, there is a broken file.
    If you can't find it, copy all to pc and delete you media/internal drive.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwidion View Post
    I mean /media/internal also known as USB-Drive (if you connect your phone to pc)
    That simply won't work as there're so many files and folders where it just says "impossible to copy". I've deleted the video folder as the problem is very likely there but I deleted it from the PC, maybe I had to delete it from the phone?
  8.    #8  
    It's not working either deleting it from the PC nor from the phone.
    Is there a way to scan the phone with some defragment software in order to find what's broken?

EDIT:
    Brilliant stuff, my phone now works again following this thread about camera not working Camera not working, basically I removed the muffle patch then deleted the pics and all what was in mojowhatsapp cos I had plenty of media there. Now it works, everything camera included. I'll carefully replace pics and the rest of media doing some screening first.
    Last edited by crowning73; 01/14/2014 at 11:07 AM.