1.    #1  
    Hi,

I'd like to download this app https://developer.palm.com/appredire...icationid=1212

Unfortunately Pre3 hasn't been added to the supported devices' list. Pure logic, it should work, if works on older and newer devices. Is it possible to install it on Pre3?

I tried using App Tuckerbox, but it gives me the 403 error. I'm not afraid of terminal/ssh/editing config files

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
    Hi,

I'd like to download this app https://developer.palm.com/appredire...icationid=1212

Unfortunately Pre3 hasn't been added to the supported devices' list. Pure logic, it should work, if works on older and newer devices. Is it possible to install it on Pre3?

I tried using App Tuckerbox, but it gives me the 403 error. I'm not afraid of terminal/ssh/editing config files

Thanks
    There are a few ways associate a device that is certified for that app (Palm Pre, Palm Pixi, HP Veer, Palm Pre2, HP TouchPad) and download (with Luna Debug switch) copy the IPK from that device to your other device (as you own both devices) use the device swap method to swap devices on your profile.

Now the profile is marked for that app, it is just not allowed on the Pre3, but as you downloaded it under your profile you can then use that app on the other device (under the same profile)...

If you had a Touchpad you could download it then transfer it to the Pre3 without the device swapping as you can have a Phone and many Touchpads on the same account (but only one phone per account).

You also can use impostah and impersonate a Pre2 and then the device would look like a Pre2? Although I have done that with a PixiPlus (impersonating a Pre for V2.1.0) and the HP App Catalog still knows it is a Pixi (although I have only modified the build info not the Phone tokens).
    If you tried Tuckerbox and it gives you an error, there's a good chance that it's just not compatible with the Pre3.

Lots of Apps from my Pre2 and Touchpad weren't available via the HP and Preware catalog, so I copied the App from my devices to my Pre3...

Results were all over the place, some worked fine, others didn't work at all, others needed some tweaking and the resolution patch.

This one does state that it should be compatible with the Pre3 so I'm trying to install it now.

Found it via Preware with Tuckerbox

downloading...

installing...

tap to launch....

and....

it works....

I guess you need to try again... might have been a bad connection/download/install.

Checking the HP catalog... it's there too.
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
  4.    #4  
    It's my only webOS device, so I can't copy it from the other one. So the swap method wouldn't probably work. Is there any tutorial, how to impersonate an other device?

Well, I encountered the problem multiple times. And sometimes the app was available for download in the internet, and worked flawlessly.

When I open the problematic app in the catalog, it simply says "it's not a valid webos app". Even when the desktop webpage says it's for pre3.

/edit: concrete apps that fail to install:
    Sea Bird 3 - 403 in Preware - not a valid app in catalog
    News Feed - as above
    Last edited by marmistrz; 01/07/2014 at 01:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
    It's my only webOS device, so I can't copy it from the other one. So the swap method wouldn't probably work. Is there any tutorial, how to impersonate an other device?

Well, I encountered the problem multiple times. And sometimes the app was available for download in the internet, and worked flawlessly.

When I open the problematic app in the catalog, it simply says "it's not a valid webos app". Even when the desktop webpage says it's for pre3.

/edit: concrete apps that fail to install:
    Sea Bird 3 - 403 in Preware - not a valid app in catalog
    News Feed - as above
    As I stated, I see it in the catalogs and was able to install it without any issues at all... to it might be due to your region?

Using impostah, you might try to switch your country, I know that this has worked for some people.

Otherwise, as it's a free APP, I'll attach it (Mods: if this is an issue, please let me know), zipping the folder that you need to unzip and copy to your phone:

<<File deleted by Moderator>>
    \\PRE3\Root\media\cryptofs\apps\usr\palm\applications

Hopefully this will work for you.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 01/07/2014 at 05:20 PM.
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
    Quote Originally Posted by imfallen_angel View Post
    (Mods: if this is an issue, please let me know)
    Yes, posting copies of copyrighted software is an issue. Very much so.

<<File removed>>
    ok then...

(I figured that being a free APP and this wasn't a "profit" situation, but just to assist someone that can't get it through the catalog, it would be fine.)

I guess that you then need to email the makers and have them send you the IPK.
    I see a pattern...
    You just have to conspire in private.