Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree41Likes
    Pre 3 ordered, brand new with touchstone and car charger too :-) hopefully mojowhatsapp doesn't drain the power too much, I only use that and text / occasional phone call. Used to get 2 days per charge from my old Pre 3 but didn't use WhatsApp :-\

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    brum likes this.
    My wife mentioned how much she loved her Pre over the iPhone 4/Lumia920/Galaxy phones she's had recently and I've been trying to get one ever since. I love underdog OS's and if LG were to make one this year it'd sell like hotcakes in a limited quantity of course.
    Preemptive likes this.
    I love my pre3 I have been using for 2 years with a voice only per-paid card. I use internet everywhere I go as there's always an open network in most places. I even use it with Navit GPS software sometimes when I forgot my car GPS. I don't like android of iOS. webOS seems more elegant and easy to use for me. I jumped on a pool once with it, but quickly dried it off, and it worked again, battery still original and lasts two days for me. (I'm unemployed and disabled so I don't do text or call much any more in my semi retirement, and don't do any business). But, I like using games on it, checking the internet, Facebook, using the camera, Skyping, emailing and texting occasionally which is great with a physical keyboard. I don't have use for the new gotcha features on samsung and apple's phones. Hell, I'm 54, I'm not connected to my electronic devices as some younger folks. What I love best is I use it unlocked and with pre-paid card so it costs me about $200 a year to use. I hope it lasts another 2 years.
    Yippee.. got myself a 16GB (the one I have was an 8GB). much better memory wise I can breathe easier...just put on the screen protector...

Anyways.. all this to say that I love my Pre3 so much that I got another, and my wife gets the 8GB one as she doesn't use her phone like I use mine...
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
    MartinH@webos likes this.
    My Pre 3 did me proud last night.
    I was around my Bro-in-laws house, his sister had just arrived back in the States from the UK. (She has an iphone with skype on).
    I was able to ADD her skype ID on the pre 3 & merge it with her existing contact details.
    I was then able to instigate a 45 minute Skype video chat (two way video) over Wifi. It was absolutely perfect! - the little front cam gave out a nice sharp image for her to see us by, the audio was awesome, practically no latency.

Well done Pre 3 !
    Quote Originally Posted by mr-scorpio View Post
    My Pre 3 did me proud last night.
    I was around my Bro-in-laws house, his sister had just arrived back in the States from the UK. (She has an iphone with skype on).
    I was able to ADD her skype ID on the pre 3 & merge it with her existing contact details.
    I was then able to instigate a 45 minute Skype video chat (two way video) over Wifi. It was absolutely perfect! - the little front cam gave out a nice sharp image for her to see us by, the audio was awesome, practically no latency.

Well done Pre 3 !
    I was actually very surprised how good the front facing camera is on the Pre3. The first time I skyped with it was shocking how clear it was. No if only they could figure out the rear camera.
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    Have to agree with the usability of the Pre3 and Skype. I was blown away by how well it handled itself, though the battery drain was absolutely astonishing haha.

If we could get Mumble on webOS, then I'd be completely happy. The audio quality for voice chat in Mumble is head and shoulders beyond anything else.

Issues with Pre3 in 2014:
    Wish I could distribute a modified Pre3 doctor that has the necessary cert updates rolled in already.

Can't access AOL services since a certificate on the Pre3 isn't updated and I can't figure out which one it is.

LinkedIn has not been working for a while, and continues to not work.

Facebook integration is was slightly problematic for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saijin_Naib View Post
    Issues with Pre3 in 2014:
    Wish I could distribute a modified Pre3 doctor that has the necessary cert updates rolled in already.
    agreed.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Saijin_Naib likes this.
    Do you think we can pressure HP/Palm into rolling the cert updates into the doctors themselves?

It is a critical fix that should be rolled out by them. Or at the very least, they should let webOS-Internals distribute trusted/fixed doctors if they choose not to do anything.
    So I somehow managed to fix my hotspot issue, simply by changing the SSID name. Seems like for some strange reason it didn't like the default "webOS Network (last digits of MAC)" name.

EDIT: Nope it didn't fix it, rebooted after a few reconnects.

But mine developed a new problem: headset jack now won't get out of headphone mode unless I twist plug a few times and the headset button stopped working. Going to replace the jack tonight.

First repair for this phone...
    Last edited by ToniCipriani; 07/23/2014 at 09:49 AM.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Hello people! I recently got myself a HP Pre 3 and the UI is very impressive. But the sad thing is that the music player on my device doesn't recognise any music files stored in it. I tried using Amigo music player and it shows the error 'com.palm.mediadb' is not running. Upon searching some forums I learnt that installing Upstart manger may solve the issue. But I couldn't install Upstart Manager as it is not available on Preware and I couldn't find other sources also.
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Davis Patterson View Post
    But the sad thing is that the music player on my device doesn't recognise any music files stored in it. I tried using Amigo music player and it shows the error 'com.palm.mediadb' is not running.
    You're probably trying to use old Amigo version for webOS 1.x; it won't run on 2.x. There should be paid version (and a free trial) for 2.x in AppCatalog, IIRC.

As of 'invisible' music -- look for media indexer problems on the forum, unfortunately it's one of broken webOS components, regardless of version.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234