1.    #1  
    misery... whyy public radio philadelphia suddenly not working via tune-in radio... It's not CBS...what happened?
    Sometimes tunein acts weird, all of a sudden stations that used to work un- supported. The solution is to get the app called reciva, get an account then you can enter the stream url of the station directly on your pc and it will work on the phone
    Works great! Thanks for the tip.

FWIW, I went on to Reciva website via PC and created an account. Then I just typed the station address into the browser on my Pre3 and it streams great! Just add a bookmark in the browser for each station. May get the app if I run into any trouble.
    One can always just play the station directly from the browser but its is kinda awkward, especially if its flash it will stop on screen change so one cant do anything else. There is a patch called no audio pause flash on screen change or something like that. If that doesn't work out then you can try reciva or any app that lets you input you own stream address.

Also if you cant figure out the stream url there is an app called url helper. Download that to your pc and play the station and it will serve up the url for you
    I need to look into that - sounds pretty cool.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    One can always just play the station directly from the browser but its is kinda awkward, especially if its flash it will stop on screen change so one cant do anything else. There is a patch called no audio pause flash on screen change or something like that. If that doesn't work out then you can try reciva or any app that lets you input you own stream address.

Also if you cant figure out the stream url there is an app called url helper. Download that to your pc and play the station and it will serve up the url for you
    I put on reciva which works like a charm ...what about the public radio app which also does not play whyy philadelphia ??
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    I put on reciva which works like a charm ...what about the public radio app which also does not play whyy philadelphia ??
    Well probably your station made some changes
    If you have adblocker this can cause streaming issues. It has negative effects on tunein and the stock player. I can see tunein but don't know why this happens with the stock player.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    If you have adblocker this can cause streaming issues. It has negative effects on tunein and the stock player. I can see tunein but don't know why this happens with the stock player.
    don't have that blocked, but good idea for others...