Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree30Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    I wish I had the time to develop apps for it or tweak it

=======>

I'm going to upload my app to the cloud. Maybe some devs can pick it up and optimize it. Maybe then Neo can be "the face of the new webos" or something. It's Spaz HD == Remastered so it's supposed to be Open Source anyways........ but it took me so long to fix it up it may be one of the last "bulilt for webos" apps that could save the platform. IDK. just ideas.
    The one thing I'd like is a decent Twitter app for the Pre 3. Macaw is okay, but slow as heck and sometimes a bit clunky. Sprw 2 beta (which also works on the Pre 3) is slow on the Pre 3 and Sprw seems to have died due to a lack of Arthur's presence (I'm figuratively crying every night over it ). There's not much else available anymore since Twitter's API 1.1 (except for Macaw and Sprw) so it would be ace if Neo could become the next big client for the Pre 3.
    Rnp and fxspec06 like this.
    Man, I live in Brazil & I'm very, very happy with all my webOS devices.

I prefer my Pre3 over all my Android & WP devices, believe me...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    fxspec06 and paisley99 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    The one thing I'd like is a decent Twitter app for the Pre 3. Macaw is okay, but slow as heck and sometimes a bit clunky. Sprw 2 beta (which also works on the Pre 3) is slow on the Pre 3 and Sprw seems to have died due to a lack of Arthur's presence (I'm figuratively crying every night over it ). There's not much else available anymore since Twitter's API 1.1 (except for Macaw and Sprw) so it would be ace if Neo could become the next big client for the Pre 3.
    Metaview fixed Spaz as well Code on https://github.com/metaview?tab=repositories
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    I'm not the biggest fan of Spaz (or I wasn't in the past) but thanks anyway, it's always good to have an option available
    I have a Pre3 that I'm never without and I have a Touchpad that's still working. I've had the Pre for about two years and the TP for about 1,5 years. I have a spare Pre3 in a drawer and I hope LG will produce WebOs phones and tablets before they all die and I have to make the same choice you do.

WebOS is the best OS ever build and it still can do vital things other OSses can't.
    paisley99 and steeled like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik-Jan View Post

WebOS is the best OS ever build and it still can do vital things other OSses can't.
    Like "not suck"?

hehehe...

Last night, one of the kid just got an Android tablet (Samsung), and it's always funny how "easy" it is to use (his claim, not mine), and I touch one thing on the pop-up keyboard that kicks it into a weird mode.. took him several tries and a good amount of time to get the normal keyboard back.

Then installing an App (the Android version of Kalemsoft) took a good 1/2 hour to get working right.

But it boots really fast !

So at least there's that.

Every time I look at Android device... I find it just looks like a mosaic of a thousand clicks to do anything, get anywhere, etc.

Then he was "look I get to close the Apps by "minimizing them" (vertically) and flicking them off the screen ...sideways".

oy... at least the new iOS doesn't even try to hide it. (the copying of WebOs' functionality)
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
    I always find it funny how people are stuck up over boot times. Yeah, on a phone it's not very convenient to have a long boot time but on a tablet? Me and many other I know hardly ever reboot their tablet, it's just always on. And luckily with webOS I can always do a quick Luna restart if needed.
    fxspec06 and raremage like this.
    I always find it funny how people are stuck up over boot times. Yeah, on a phone it's not very convenient to have a long boot time but on a tablet? Me and many other I know hardly ever reboot their tablet, it's just always on. And luckily with webOS I can always do a quick Luna restart if needed.
    Unless something funny going on... I never reboot phone or tablet.

I always lose track of the last time I did a reboot on my devices... so it could be days, weeks, months.

If I remember right, I'm sure that my Pre2 was rebooted less than 5 times per year.

My Touchpad, it was the sound card issue, until I found out about the "turn it off for ten seconds" trick.

My Pre3, I've only had it for a few weeks, and as I'm still getting to know it, finding it's quirks, etc. I've had to reboot it a few times, mostly due to installing things (which many were Luna restarts).

One issue I have with my Pre3 is that I do find that it does appear to sometimes have issues connecting correctly to my WIFI, so I've had to turn the WIFI off and back on, but a few times, I still needed to reboot the phone to get it working right.

Reading threads, I believe that this is a common issue with some Pre3.
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
    I rarely reboot mine also.
    fxspec06 likes this.
    truly, I say that whoever comes to see my pre2 cd here in Mexico so I borrowed a few moments. love it! if I could I would buy a pre3. regards

Enviado desde mi Wildfire S usando Tapatalk 2
    [removed]
    Last edited by fxspec06; 01/13/2014 at 07:34 AM.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Long3 View Post
    Someone would definitely pick it up and tweak it without you knowing. Bet there's still loads of people developing for WebOS who aren't coming forward.

One thing I definitely miss (just remembered) is the full swipes to change cards. That saved me so much time!

That said look here:10tons Ltd. - Sparkle 2

A new game by 10tons, made one of my favourite games on WebOS, sparkle. That's new, June 2013 ish.

Someone still cares about WebOS clearly. Nice to see a game developer caring about the minority.
    Thanks, Mike. I've uploaded it.
    it's public now
    https://github.com/fxspec06/Neo-Mult...-Spaz-HD-Remix
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Rnp likes this.
    The response times are so slow man. Need help.

Plus my Pre3 got fried.

I'll see what I can do though, as always ... lol

PS anyone who knows how to upload to the homebrew catalog DM me please

Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    The response times are so slow man. Need help.

Plus my Pre3 got fried.

I'll see what I can do though, as always ... lol

PS anyone who knows how to upload to the homebrew catalog DM me please
    ...it works on my pre 3 ...unfortunately, there is no browser integration like spaz had...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12