Dev mode tips:
1. if you "enter dev mode" by using a patch or app, or by entering webos20090606, you do not have to also "enter the konami code". that would be redundant.
2. if the switch for dev mode is already indicating "on", you do not have to activate it again.
3. you do not have to use a password, but it will ask you for one each time. usually we leave it blank and just hit enter.
4. as stated above, if you did set a password, you must continue to use it until you set it as blank again.
5. once in dev mode, it can be left in dev mode, except if you are going to send it back in time to get service from the OEM.