Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Grabber5.0
  1.    #1  
    I have a pre 3 unlocked from at & t. when I put it in developer mode, then enter the konami code fly me to ask for another password, you change it and repeat. do the steps and gives me error, go back to try and always gives me error, I've done more than 10 times and nothing. one could provide me the password asking at & t. thanks because I dont know what else to do (and still going doctorice and me the same problem).
    Maybe you could clarify for us?

If you only want to enable developer mode, doing "Just Type" for the Konami code or "webos20090606" should bring up the icon to enable developer mode as seen here: Getting started - WebOS Internals

Tap to check On and it should prompt for a reboot. It should never ask for another password.
    Quote Originally Posted by matplaza View Post
    I have a pre 3 unlocked from at & t. when I put it in developer mode, then enter the konami code fly me to ask for another password, you change it and repeat. do the steps and gives me error, go back to try and always gives me error, I've done more than 10 times and nothing. one could provide me the password asking at & t. thanks because I dont know what else to do (and still going doctorice and me the same problem).
    The Pre3 and other newer webOS devices allow you to set a developer mode password. I think this is what you were getting prompted to do the first time. Once you set it, any time you try to enable developer mode, it will prompt you for the password. This is to protect corporate devices from having unofficial (homebrew) software installed on them. I thought that it survived a doctor, but I found information that seems to contradict that. If you do doctor again, do not enter a password when you turn on developer mode next time.

If you don't want to do that, and you remember the password you entered, it is possible to remove it. If this is indeed what you did, I can link to some instructions to remove it. I don't want to post them unless they are relevant to your problem.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 12/08/2013 at 11:07 PM.
    ananimus likes this.
    Dev mode tips:

1. if you "enter dev mode" by using a patch or app, or by entering webos20090606, you do not have to also "enter the konami code". that would be redundant.

2. if the switch for dev mode is already indicating "on", you do not have to activate it again.

3. you do not have to use a password, but it will ask you for one each time. usually we leave it blank and just hit enter.

4. as stated above, if you did set a password, you must continue to use it until you set it as blank again.

5. once in dev mode, it can be left in dev mode, except if you are going to send it back in time to get service from the OEM.

good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    The Pre3 and other newer webOS devices allow you to set a developer mode password.
    Oh yikes! News to me. I'll have to watch for that.

If the OP received a device where someone else set the password, is there no way to remove it aside from the possible Doctor?

I'd be surprised if it's that easy to get rid of. If the intent was to stop people from homebrew on corporate devices, they'd realize anyone looking for devmode would know about Doctoring.