Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes
    the back comes off easily if you do it with a little finesse like so:

put your thumb on the HP logo, and your index finger nail under the top edge where the gap is.

then apply pressure at your thumb and FLEX THE LID like you're arching it's back. don't lift to pull the lid away from the body, as much as just flexing it.

when you flex it enough, the lid will actually kinda release itself. flexing it makes all of its sides bulge out a little at the same time and it "lets go of" the body. it's kinda like a tricky Tupperware lid more than the previous models back cover which you run your fingernail around then pull away.

you'll be able to do it with 2 fingers quickly once you get the feel for it
    Mines here ahhhh. Sorry did I just say that out loud in excitement?

happiness
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    the back comes off easily if you do it with a little finesse like so:

put your thumb on the HP logo, and your index finger nail under the top edge where the gap is.

then apply pressure at your thumb and FLEX THE LID like you're arching it's back. don't lift to pull the lid away from the body, as much as just flexing it.

when you flex it enough, the lid will actually kinda release itself. flexing it makes all of its sides bulge out a little at the same time and it "lets go of" the body. it's kinda like a tricky Tupperware lid more than the previous models back cover which you run your fingernail around then pull away.

you'll be able to do it with 2 fingers quickly once you get the feel for it
    Well.. tried a few times, didn't get it, and outch my fingernails...

But I looked and found images at the PALM site itself:
    Palm Support : Replace the battery on a Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre Plus or Pre

They show the instructions, which are very similar to yours, but show to open the keyboard, which you might have meant to say.

Once using the technique as per the picture... yup, super easy to pop it off.

Thanks!
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
    Well, that is a bit easier than the way I have been doing it. I don't recommend trying it while laying in bed.. As soon as I popped the cover off the battery fell out.
    I nearly took my bleeding nail off first time I tried to get back off

Can anyone tell me why I didn't come back sooner?

My journey so far

WebOS > Android = Enjoyed it, thought it was modern
    Android > Windows 8 phone (partner has it) = Oh no, my Android is starting to look a bit chunky and out dated
    Back to WebOS = Why is everything else so out dated? It's a couple of years ahead still.

I remembered it being nice, but not this nice!

Probably heard it a thousand times, but anyone reading this thread who hasn't got a Pre, honestly, it's a must Pre 3 is a beauty.

</excitement>
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12