1.    #1  
    So I know from the Pre that sometimes people get a message about the 1.4.5 update which they already have. But today I booted my Pre 3 and got a message that I need to update to 2.2.4 3175. Which was released in 2011 and I did install the update back then and Device Info also shows 2.2.4 3175 So it seems like the Pre 3 is now also plagued by the ghost update like the Pre...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    So I know from the Pre that sometimes people get a message about the 1.4.5 update which they already have. But today I booted my Pre 3 and got a message that I need to update to 2.2.4 3175. Which was released in 2011 and I did install the update back then and Device Info also shows 2.2.4 3175 So it seems like the Pre 3 is now also plagued by the ghost update like the Pre...
    First I have ever heard...

During the update it downloads the packages (modules) that are different then compared it creates a script of what it is going to delete and what it will install...

You can look at that script it will tell you what it will do and why...

The only way I have seen this if users strip pieces of the Default Palm Applications...

Like on the AT&T device is someone deletes the AT&T bundled apps, it re-installs those AT&T apps...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 12/02/2013 at 04:49 PM.
  3.    #3  
    But I have a carrier-free unlocked Pre 3, so I never had any carrier apps to begin with...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    But I have a carrier-free unlocked Pre 3, so I never had any carrier apps to begin with...
    Patches do not normally mess up the checksum, but they could...

Look under /var/lib/software/SessionFiles/

To fix so that it will no update again until next manual update add a dummy file /var/lib/software/NoUpdates

If you wish to debug you can add the file /var/lib/software/DebugOn

There is a status file and a DMTREE XML file of all the files created during update checks.