1.    #1  
    The battery on my Pre 3 seems to be dying more rapidly now that in the past. I replaced the battery but no improvement. How can I determine what is causing the battery usage? I assume one or more of the applications on my phone is running and using battery up. I don't think I have anything new. I did notice it began after I used N-drive while traveling across the country a few weeks ago with the charger connected. I assumed that I had done the regular battery in and purchased another supposedly new hp original battery, but usage is still more that previously. Your help with ideas is appreciated.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Install Dr. Battery from Preware. Soon after I got my Pre 3 the health of the battery dropped instantly to exactly 50%. No way to recalibrate it nor reset it. I haven't solved this issue but at least can point you in the right direction.

http://www.webosnation.com/dr-battery
    Last edited by Jimbode; 11/30/2013 at 06:19 AM. Reason: added link
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    If you bought an hp original battery it'd be over two years old now (i believe). Batteries, even though they aren't being used, still lose charge over time. :/
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by i2y4n View Post
    If you bought an hp original battery it'd be over two years old now (i believe). Batteries, even though they aren't being used, still lose charge over time. :/
    You are right, I am now back on my original battery, and have on order a Mugen extra capacity battery. It is due to be shipped mid Dec and I will hopefully not have a problem. I now recharge twice a day
    I had a similar problem appear a few weeks ago. I found my email was causing it.

I have AT&T Yahoo and they changed their email servers. This caused my Pre3 to spend a lot of time in data mode trying to sync which uses a lot of battery. I manually set up my account (server names and that kind of stuff) and that helped a lot as the sync took a few seconds instead of minutes. I can only assume the automatic account settings from the Palm/HP setup haven't been updated to reflect the new servers.

I also set my email to sync once an hour rather than the default which is something like every 20 minutes.

These two things extended my battery life by about 40%.

Jim