1.    #1  
    Need help with WEBOS Acct restore on my new Pre 3. I bought an almost new Pre 3 and am trying to restore my WEBOS information to the new Pre 3. I keep trying to input my login and password but I keeping getting the prompt "..Unable to restore your WEBOS Account at this time. Try again later". After receiving the error message several times, I went back to the WEBOS Account Startup Screen and used FORGOT PASSSWORD to try to reset my password and get in that way. However, I was unsuccessful and still got the same error message once the password was reset. I know that I was able to access the website because I got an email acknowledging the password reset. Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so, can you please help me with this. Just got the phone and had it activated with AT&T this afternoon. I did a full erase of my old Pre before attempting the restore on the new Pre 3.
    I had the same error when I tried to change profiles on my Pre3. I'm pretty sure I posted what I did. I'll look for the post if you don't find it first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Daisey View Post
    I did a full erase of my old Pre before attempting the restore on the new Pre 3.
    Hi, it seems you are saying that you are moving from a 'Pre' to a 'Pre 3'. They run different versions of the webOS system. A Pre runs version 1 up to 1.4.5 and a Pre 3 runs version 2 up to 2.2.4

That said, I don't think this is particularly a problem and not the problem you have, but I think there are some issues and there is an article here: The Definitive Guide to Backing up and Restoring your webOS Device | webOS Nation

It has a section about upgrading from version 1 to version 2 and is generally useful.

You may also need to apply / re-apply the app catalogue certificate fix and the you tube quality fix, depending on the state of the new phone.
    http://www.webosnation.com/hp-issue-...cloud-services
    http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...te-expiry.html
    [Patch] webOS 2: Fix low YouTube quality

I'm not sure if the root certificate is stored in the profile - it might be unique to the device. Anyone?

But clearly you need to be able to first log in to your profile! Good luck.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 11/27/2013 at 03:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I had the same error when I tried to change profiles on my Pre3. I'm pretty sure I posted what I did. I'll look for the post if you don't find it first.
    Either I can't find it, or I overlooked my post. I can't remember now if I doctored the phone or just did a full erase. I want to say I doctored it to finally get it to restore the data, and the initial full erase and signing in to the new profile was when it was not able to restore my backup from my Pre2 the profile had been on previously.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the responses, but I tired of attempting a fix and just opened a new account. I guess I'll use Datajog to get my contacts and calendar into the new Pre 3. On another subject, does anyone know how to contact the MyTether website? I purchased the software about 18 months ago and since I have a new Pre 3 I was wondering whether the software is compatible with the Pre 3. If so, whether I would need to repurchase or can I just download the software from the file I originally received.

I tried to go to the donor site but got a gateway error.