1.    #1  
    I have a Pre3 that's become buggy & instead of doctoring it, I want to swap to my backup device. I can then keep the original to check my settings, patches, etc to make sure the backup matches. I want to install GMMan's ipk saving patch before swapping so I can save the ipk's of my apps as they install on the new device. I've already bypassed activation on the new Pre3, will the patch survive a simply wipe?
    What's a surefire way to make sure my old Pre3 doesn't self-wipe? I've used the option in Impostah before on my Pre2 and it still wiped after HP saw I activated another device. I'm thinking forget my wifi network, turn on airplane mode, then delete the profile in Impostah. Should work right? I'd like to keep the original until I'm sure everything is replaced on the new one.
    TIA
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    I think the patches remain but may not be listed as installed in Preware, which would defeat your purpose if I am right.

Are you wanting to be able to swap back at some point? If so, this may not work for you - really, I think once you activate the profile on a new device, there is no way to re activate it on the old one without wiping it, but I'm not positive. There is no way to be logged into the same profile in two devices. The stop device wipe procedure logs you out but does not wipe the device.

As for preventing the wipe, the stop device wipe procedure in the webosinternals wiki (which involves using Impostah to log out) has always worked for me on both 1.x and 2.x devices. Make sure you follow the instructions to the letter. The only alternative to this procedure is to put it in airplane mode and make sure it never gets a network connection, as it will get wiped for sure.

Link (mobile): http://en.m.webos-internals.org/wiki...edirected=true
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 11/25/2013 at 04:20 PM.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I think the patches remain but may not be listed as installed in Preware, which would defeat your purpose if I am right.

Are you wanting to be able to swap back at some point? If so, this may not work for you - really, I think once you activate the profile on a new device, there is no way to re activate it on the old one without wiping it, but I'm not positive. There is no way to be logged into the same profile in two devices. The stop device wipe procedure logs you out but does not wipe the device.

As for preventing the wipe, the stop device wipe procedure in the webosinternals wiki (which involves using Impostah to log out) has always worked for me on both 1.x and 2.x devices. Make sure you follow the instructions to the letter. The only alternative to this procedure is to put it in airplane mode and make sure it never gets a network connection, as it will get wiped for sure.

Link (mobile): StopDeviceWipe
    I installed the nodeleteipk patch and erased apps & data, the patch is still there. I installed Impostah, activated a dummy profile, downloaded an app from the catalog, and the ipk is in Downloads, looks like it will work.
    I don't plan on going back to the device, I just want to make sure I duplicate my settings before wiping. I will do the stop device wipe AND airplane mode, just to be sure.
    Thanks!
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.