1.    #1  
    finally got a Pre 3 to upgrade my Pre 2. Really want to use the front facing camera, but Skype doens't work. It's not showingin the contacts. It's not like my TP where there's a phone/video icon. Is 2.2.4 the latest OS for the Pre 3? I thought it was running 3.0 like the TP too.
    Quote Originally Posted by lyricalengineer View Post
    finally got a Pre 3 to upgrade my Pre 2. Really want to use the front facing camera, but Skype doens't work. It's not showingin the contacts. It's not like my TP where there's a phone/video icon. Is 2.2.4 the latest OS for the Pre 3? I thought it was running 3.0 like the TP too.
    2.2.4 is the latest version for the Pre3 but Skype video should work. Are you sure you have logged into your skype account properly? If you go to the phone menu you should be able check your credit, if that is not working it means it is not logged in to skype. You will need to reenter your password and sign in. I find it tends to stay logged out after a reboot and you have to manually sign in again.
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhurley View Post
    2.2.4 is the latest version for the Pre3 but Skype video should work. Are you sure you have logged into your skype account properly? If you go to the phone menu you should be able check your credit, if that is not working it means it is not logged in to skype. You will need to reenter your password and sign in. I find it tends to stay logged out after a reboot and you have to manually sign in again.
    This is probably the issue. I have 2.2.4 on a pre2 and skype never seems to want to stay logged in. you can turn it on through the phone as mentioned, on in messenger click buddies up at the top and make sure your status is logged in. This will make sure you are logged in all your accounts, including skype.
  4.    #4  
    thanks...suddenly it started working. Weird.
    I have a skype ZERO balance ...should it show ...I signed in and it shows BALANCE Unavailable ...does that mean ZERO or what?