Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1.    #1  
    I have a Verizon Pre 3 with no SIM Card. What SIM Card will work with Page Plus? I currently have a Pre 2 with Kittywireless (basically PagePlus) and have no experience with dealing with SIM Cards.
    I don't travel but I may go to Europe (UK , Italy..) next year, but 99% of the time I'm in the U.S.

    I appreciate any advice - Thanks.
  2. #2  
    You don't need it until you plan to go out of the country, as it doesn't need it for the CDMA functionality. I believe you'll need to get one in that country to avoid roaming charges you would incur if you get a SIM in the US.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    You don't need it until you plan to go out of the country, as it doesn't need it for the CDMA functionality. I believe you'll need to get one in that country to avoid roaming charges you would incur if you get a SIM in the US.
    I was told that you need a SIM Card to activate the phone - whether or not I travel outside the U.S. Are you saying this isn't true? The person who told me this is the one who sold me the phone - he says even though it is CDMA, the HP Pre 3 still requires a SIM Card.
  4. #4  
    It doesn't require a SIM as far as I know. Just make sure you have webOS 2.2.4. Activation instructions should be the same as for the Pre 2.

    -- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Last edited by Herrie; 11/22/2013 at 03:51 PM.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by qwikstep View Post
    I was told that you need a SIM Card to activate the phone - whether or not I travel outside the U.S. Are you saying this isn't true? The person who told me this is the one who sold me the phone - he says even though it is CDMA, the HP Pre 3 still requires a SIM Card.
    If you need a spare Vodafone SIM (The one normally included in the phone) I can give you one, but you would have to pay for shipping. and also wait for it to ship. And then get home. And then open the box. And then pop the Pre3 cover, and put in the sim.
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
  6. #6  
    There are enough people with Verizon Pre3's on here that should be able to confirm that. I would be really surprised if you needed one to activate it on Verizon or one of its mvnos.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by qwikstep View Post
    I have a Verizon Pre 3 with no SIM Card. What SIM Card will work with Page Plus? I currently have a Pre 2 with Kittywireless (basically PagePlus) and have no experience with dealing with SIM Cards.
    I don't travel but I may go to Europe (UK , Italy..) next year, but 99% of the time I'm in the U.S.

    I appreciate any advice - Thanks.
    Go to page plus site and activate by plugging in your MEID, then boot your phone. You shouldn't need a SIM for activation in the US. It should go right through the activation process.

    if you have any issues, search here for Pre3 on Verizon and read about some fixes other required including a fresh doctoring to VZN 2.23.
  8. #8  
    just go into a cellphone store or a drugstore on the corner where you land and get a prepaid simcard and you're in business ...they sell them with just voice or with voice & net ...no problem with that !!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12/19/2005, 01:14 AM
  2. Will and Treo 650 using an AT&T sim card accept a Cingular sim card?
    By stylez23 in forum North American Carriers (GSM)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12/16/2005, 05:33 PM
  3. Can you buy a Canadian GSM SIM card - Pay as you go?
    By tim_uk#WN in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06/09/2004, 10:31 PM
  4. Treo 300 work Europe if buy a SIM Card?
    By tlop in forum Palm OS Devices & Apps
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01/28/2003, 10:12 PM
  5. Question about SIM Card and SIM Card Door
    By bigmdime in forum Palm OS Devices & Apps
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11/19/2002, 10:02 PM

Posting Permissions