1.    #1  
    So earlier this morning, I was web browsing on my Pre 3, and when finished, pressed the top corner Power button to put it to sleep, and then put it into my left pocket.

A couple mins later, I pulled it out, pressed the power button, and got no response.

Opening/closing the slider had no effect, and neither did holding Power and triple-toggling the Mute switch.

Connecting the USB cable got me the Battery w/Question Mark display...

A quick search of the forums gave me some hope, so I went ahead and pulled the back cover, removed the battery, connected the USB cable, held the Up Volume button, and waited for a USB logo... which never came.

Searching the forums some more resulted in threads referring to the official Recovery Mode instructions, which got me the same result, as well as variations calling for holding Up Volume *before* connecting USB, for having the USB cable connected to AC power first rather than a USB port, etc, ad nauseum.

I've tried them all, and got the same result: no USB logo ever appears after the Battery/Question Mark display disappears.

I've tried all of the variations with three separate Pre 3 batteries as well, which made no difference.

I've launched the ATT Pre3 Doctor from a cmd prompt, and watched it as well while physically connected with the USB cable and trying to boot to Recovery Mode on my 3, and the Doctor's cmd line sits there and repeatedly polls but doesn't see anything.

Is this sounding like a hardware issue or possible corrupted Bootie?
    I read the Last Resort Emergency BootLoader Recovery directions with some trepidation, as I don't have a Linux system currently.

Has anyone come across scenarios similar to this and still managed to resurrect their Pre 3?

Any advice would be appreciated...
    Quote Originally Posted by ArigatoMrTalboto View Post
    So earlier this morning, I was web browsing on my Pre 3, and when finished, pressed the top corner Power button to put it to sleep, and then put it into my left pocket.

A couple mins later, I pulled it out, pressed the power button, and got no response.

Opening/closing the slider had no effect, and neither did holding Power and triple-toggling the Mute switch.

Connecting the USB cable got me the Battery w/Question Mark display...

A quick search of the forums gave me some hope, so I went ahead and pulled the back cover, removed the battery, connected the USB cable, held the Up Volume button, and waited for a USB logo... which never came.

Searching the forums some more resulted in threads referring to the official Recovery Mode instructions, which got me the same result, as well as variations calling for holding Up Volume *before* connecting USB, for having the USB cable connected to AC power first rather than a USB port, etc, ad nauseum.

I've tried them all, and got the same result: no USB logo ever appears after the Battery/Question Mark display disappears.

I've tried all of the variations with three separate Pre 3 batteries as well, which made no difference.

I've launched the ATT Pre3 Doctor from a cmd prompt, and watched it as well while physically connected with the USB cable and trying to boot to Recovery Mode on my 3, and the Doctor's cmd line sits there and repeatedly polls but doesn't see anything.

Is this sounding like a hardware issue or possible corrupted Bootie?
    I read the Last Resort Emergency BootLoader Recovery directions with some trepidation, as I don't have a Linux system currently.

Has anyone come across scenarios similar to this and still managed to resurrect their Pre 3?

Any advice would be appreciated...
    Last Resort Emergency BootLoader Recovery is for TI OMAP based phones, Pre3, TP (Go) and Veer are Qualcomm based so the tool won't work. It should work the same for the rest though when you get the right tool. I think you can use DFU-UTIL or QPST for the Pre 3.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2