1.    #1  
    how come it doesn't work anymore? I usta be able to put airplane mode on and then use the "cycle wifi" add on to the device menu and bam, wifi ...no more ...shows connected, but I hafta turn airplane mode off for it to transit any data... what have I done wrong?
    No idea. Pre 3 with 2.2.4 here. My only menu modification is for the Flashlight switch. I turn on airplane mode and can still turn on and connect wifi with the usual wifi toggle just fine once airplane mode settles in. Do it all the time actually! (Though of course, it switches off wifi when I first activate airplane mode.)
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ananimus View Post
    No idea. Pre 3 with 2.2.4 here. My only menu modification is for the Flashlight switch. I turn on airplane mode and can still turn on and connect wifi with the usual wifi toggle just fine once airplane mode settles in. Do it all the time actually! (Though of course, it switches off wifi when I first activate airplane mode.)
    exactly !! mine used to do exactly that but no more... Is it a problem with the device menu add-on by SCONIX ?? it's "ADVANCED SYSTEM MENU DEVICE MENU" although I doubt it because it worked fine with that before ...no changes done... ???
    If no one else knows, I'd say it's time to start ripping out patches. Failing that, the Doctor.

Can you even cycle the wifi in airplane mode? I know once in a while (not in airplane mode) I have to toggle wifi to reconnect.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I had a similar problem about 5/2013. I was traveling and was trying to use freetether to use my Touchpad but it was cycling the WiFi and not allowing the Touchpad to connect. The WiFi signal at the airport was weak where I was so the Touchpad was running very slowly. Furthermore, I tried connecting the Pre3 to the WiFi network and it wasn't working. No problems with the Touchpad connecting to the airport WiFi - it was just too slow. I tried rebooting a couple of times with no luck. I left it and dealt with the slow connection. I turned off the WiFi during the rest of my trip to save battery and figured I would try to doctor when I got back.

I forgot to turn on the WiFi after I got back initially, but about 2 weeks later, I turned it on and it seemed to work. I haven't had any problems since. I didn't remove any patches.

Basically, I don't know what the problem was but it went away on its own. Hopefully, yours will fix itself like mine did.
  6.    #6  
    I doctored and that fixed the wifi misery but now 2 new miseries ...cannot put on choorp to make rows of 4 in the shortcut views and also cannot install wifi transfer utility w/easy samba ...just doesn't go !! boohoo !!