Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By xorozu
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Hello WebOS Nation,

I'm finally here! After a horrid experience with android, windows phone and iOS I had nowhere to go. I then realized that instead of wasting my money on a new Firefox OS device why don't I just pick up a Palm Pre 3 (of which I purchased from eBay for 52 brand new with touchstone).

Like many people who consider the Pre, Pixi & Veer range of phones in 2013 I was worried that the support wouldn't be there and the lack of apps would drive me crazy, it hasn't. In fact the community on the website and the beautifully executed PreWare has had be loving every minute of WebOS not to mention I could spend hours on end playing with the multi-tasking features. The Pre 3 really had and still has potential, the build quality of my Pre is fantastic and it fits and feels perfect in the hand. The screen is clear and the speed of which the operating system runs is faster than many of the android devices that brace the phone shops nowadays.

I'd like to thank all of the webOS nation for making Palm & webOS my new favorite operating system and I'm even considering veering into owning a HP veer for when the Pre 3 simply needs a upgrade sometime late next year. (I'll most likely purchase several WebOS phones in the next year while they're cheap and accessible)

Here's to the the future, and hopefully some LG based WebOS phones.
    Welcome to the party! Yeah, the Pre 3 still rocks my socks.

Just out of curiosity, what did you hate about iOS? My girlfriend just replaced an aging Droid with an iPhone 5C. And I have to admit, the newest iOS isn't too shabby. People here are panning the multitasking, but now that I've tried it I personally think it's pretty decent. And the pull down for Universal Search is a fair Just Type-like thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by ananimus View Post

Just out of curiosity, what did you hate about iOS? My girlfriend just replaced an aging Droid with an iPhone 5C. And I have to admit, the newest iOS isn't too shabby. People here are panning the multitasking, but now that I've tried it I personally think it's pretty decent. And the pull down for Universal Search is a fair Just Type-like thing.
    Its okay. I tried moving the "cards" around and they didn't budge
    Welcome to the webOS Nation family, xorozu!

If only the Palm group had the chance to give the rest of the market the time to see what you've experienced! I've got my Pre3 and LOVE it yet. I'm also running an HTC One and I have an iPhone 5 (which I can't stand using, even with iOS7). But I still keep coming back to my Pre3 as the device that feels the best physically and has my favorite UI. Glad to see you've found our forums and are enjoying the Pre3!
    Congrats on the Pre3 purchase! I agree it's a great phone - if only it had been given a real chance to make it. I'm not blind to the disadvantages, but I've never enjoyed any phone like I did the Pre/Pre2/Pre3.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ananimus View Post

I was with the iPhone before iOS7 braced our screens. Unfortunately in terms of innovation Apple didn't really do much with iOS6 and iOS5. I think once Scott Forstall was removed from the team and Jony Ive was put in charge of user experience things got exciting, I'd love to try iOS7 and from the looks of things they've adapted a few webOS features. The real thing for me though is the appearance of the new iOS I think for a playful phone like the 5C the new color scheme fits perfectly but for a business related phone like the iPhone 5c it certainly doesn't.
    Nice to hear for a hobby-developer who invests a lot of his spare time into webos.

Will keep my Veer(s) rocking as long as possible. Just bought a brand new one off ebay the last week and it feels REAL GREAT. Yeah. Did not find time to transfer me profile from the old, aging Veer, though... Also wonder, if I should go for one of my Pre3s again. If the PIC guys get the ACL to the Pre3, I'll certainly consider it. How are chances for ACL on a Veer?

I bought two used Pre3s from amazon, which were not that cheep... but my wife got her Pre3 stolen two weeks ago and I recognized that this hardware actually worth pretty much, because there just is no alternative. So I decided to stock up on webOS devices, again...

Yeah, whatever... I'll still invest time to get open webOS running and hope my Veers will cover the time in between.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    Yeah, whatever... I'll still invest time to get open webOS running and hope my Veers will cover the time in between.
    Within their weight classes (physical size, however measured), the Pre 3 and Veer still knock the snot out of most other devices, if not hold their own at least. Part of why I still like my Pre 3, though the Veer was just a step too far (needs me my autofocus for work snaps). I believe the Pre 3's 480x800 display is still the smallest at 3.6", IIRC, though higher densities have certainly come out since then.

God, I miss Palm in the market. When they announced the Veer it was at the dawn of 4" and 4.3" Androids with all signs of it getting even bigger. My reaction to the Veer was hysterical laughter as Rubenstein implicitly stated with its release, "Yeah, screw everyone else. People like small." Many do! I do! Shame that wasn't the larger trend at play.

Reminded me of the early fast food health craze when lawsuits about obesity were being launched at McDonald's and others. Most responded to the market with salads. Burger King instead wildly launched a campaign that said, "Yeah, well.... you don't come here for salad. That's the point. Here's a burger with two half pound patties, half a pound of bacon, seven slices of cheese, all bathed in artery-clogging cream sauce. EAT IT."
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Its okay. I tried moving the "cards" around and they didn't budge
    How did you try to move them? they only go up and down, and side to side, but you cant pick them up
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post
    How did you try to move them? they only go up and down, and side to side, but you cant pick them up
    Well I kept hearing how ios7 multitasking is just like webos so I wanted to check it out for myself. Yeah it has a card view but one can't do anything with them except scroll left and right and close them. Its something less than webos 1.0 version but a reasonable facsimile anyway.