Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lware14
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I switched to an iphone 5 a couple of months ago from my trusty pre3 on verizon. My roommate who is on my plan has been using an original verizon pre plus and now wants to switch to my old pre3.

I found the switch device section on VZW web site and am almost ready to pull the plug and switch; however, I am a little rusty on my webOS steps in terms of activating her palm profile on my old pre3. Even though I switched to the iphone and disconnected the phone service on the pre3 I put it in airplane mode and then wifi when I got home so while the cell service no longer worked I still had access to the apps, email etc through the pre3. So my webOS profile is still active on the pre3. I want to shut that down and allow her to activate her webOS profile.

Please remind me what to do first on the pre3 so that it's ready when we switch her service. I used the pre3 for quite awhile successfully so it's already been doctored and activated previously. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by lware14 View Post
    I switched to an iphone 5 a couple of months ago from my trusty pre3 on verizon. My roommate who is on my plan has been using an original verizon pre plus and now wants to switch to my old pre3.

I found the switch device section on VZW web site and am almost ready to pull the plug and switch; however, I am a little rusty on my webOS steps in terms of activating her palm profile on my old pre3. Even though I switched to the iphone and disconnected the phone service on the pre3 I put it in airplane mode and then wifi when I got home so while the cell service no longer worked I still had access to the apps, email etc through the pre3. So my webOS profile is still active on the pre3. I want to shut that down and allow her to activate her webOS profile.

Please remind me what to do first on the pre3 so that it's ready when we switch her service. I used the pre3 for quite awhile successfully so it's already been doctored and activated previously. Thanks.
    Open Device Info app, tap Reset Options, choose Erase Apps and Data. Phone will reboot and prompt logging into or creating a Palm profile. Have her log in with her existing profile and the phone will self update. remember this won't wipe the usb drive or anything you saved on it. choose that instead if necessary.

warning: i am not sure how the latest "App Cat update" and "expired certificate" issue will affect her activation now that it's past the July 23rd deadline date. You may have no problem since it's not a redoctoring, but probably a good idea to double check the App Cat version number is current after she signs in.
    You shouldn't have a problem with the app catalog issue. I dusted off my Pre+ a few months ago and while it took me a bit to get it activated on a separate issue the expired certificate didn't stop me.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    All went well. Thanks for the help shaking off the rust. She loves it and last night while at a concert someone asked her how to get a phone like that! She's rockin the pre3 now.
    TJs11thPre likes this.
    Cool. I always get a reaction out of people when I say I have a phone that wasn't released (in the states).
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE