Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Herrie
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I have At&t Hp pre 3 that I bought off of craigslist Sunday. The phone does pick up At&t hspa+. The only thing wrong with phone is the earpiece doesn't work, I can still use speaker phone or a headset. And I can't access the Hp catalog, i just keep getting the notification that there is a software update avaliable. It is a 16gb model running version 2.2.0. It has the white letters and numbers written on the side and prototype written under the battery.
    Here's the deal I paid $130 for it and the guy is willing to give me my money back, but I wanted to see if anybody could help me fix these issues or was interested in getting the phone from me-- i'm willing to take a little loss if a member is interested in the phone. I have a unbranded pre box, palm headphones, and a basic charger.

--if im breaking any type of forum rule in my posting, just let me know.
    Hi. Welcome to forum.

Hummm... Pre 3 with 2.2.0?? Maybe can be interesting make a ROM Backup before do anything, because I'm very interested in the modem firmware, for example...

Anyway, problem with earpiece can be a hardware problem, but I cannot say more without the phone in hands...

Good luck.

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Happy to help to get the backup from your device, just contact me by PM.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Rnp likes this.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Pictures of my prototype Pre 3.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I love this community. We covet prototypes and device uniqueness so much. From prototype touchpads, blue touchpads, and all the way to unreleased slab phones. Few communities care about this but we care about every detail of this period in history.

Keep up the great work everyone and thx for the great pics dj4lyfe
    Smartphones: Nokia 5230 > Palm Pre 2 > Nokia 701 (returned) > HP Pre 3 > BB Z10 (save me from it) + HP Touchpad
    Cars: 1993 Subaru Impreza AWD > 2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T

LinkedIn: Matthew Mers
    Twitter: MatthewMers
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    That is the reason I posted the device. I figured some one on the forum would do more with the phone than the person I bought it from. The guy supposed worked for Hp. If anyone is in the Houston area, search craiglist for the device. He also has a Verizon Pre 3. Sadly I will be returning the phone tomorrow since I haven't had any takers. I just don't have to time to troubleshoot and update the software like I did when I had my verizon pre+.
    Quote Originally Posted by dj4lyfe View Post
    That is the reason I posted the device. I figured some one on the forum would do more with the phone than the person I bought it from. The guy supposed worked for Hp. If anyone is in the Houston area, search craiglist for the device. He also has a Verizon Pre 3. Sadly I will be returning the phone tomorrow since I haven't had any takers. I just don't have to time to troubleshoot and update the software like I did when I had my verizon pre+.
    I wonder if my dad knows the seller, he got me a Touchpad from someone who worked at HP and bought it when the employees got their own firesale. I have a AT&T/unlocked prototype/test phone, but it was doctored. The Verizon Pre3 doesn't look like a prototype though, maybe the way the picture is taken.....He's asking $120 each.
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    The prices on his postings vary between $120 and $150, and he only post pictures of the verizon pre 3. I wish i was still with verizon.