1.    #1  
    I finally upgraded from my Pre2 (on tmobile) to an unlocked AT&T Pre3 that I picked up used on ebay from a guy in Toronto Canada. I wasn't sure if I was going to have lots of issues or not, but given that I got a great deal on a very lightly used phone, I decided to take the plunge.

I read all of the threads on activation bypass using Impostah, and the posts on ensuring access to the App Catalog, and on unlocking an AT&T phone for T-Mobile. But perhaps what helped me the most was purchasing a T-Mobile Activation Kit about a year ago - actually, T-mobile was having a promotion and I was able to get a couple kits at absolutely no cost. What's great about the kit is that it lets you activate the SIM and charging your account without placing it in your phone. I simply visited Unsupported Browser and it walked me through the steps. Also, I was able to choose an online first activation plan with unlimited (4G) data for only $30/mo (talk time max = 100mins)

After I was done, and my t-mobile account active, I simply inserted the activated SIM into my phone, logged into my Palm account, and everything works perfectly. Just doing some quick testing, it looks like I'm getting around 3.6Mbps download speeds via t-mobile's data services. The phone actually shows the little 3G icon in the top right corner, but I'm not certain what the specs are for that icon's appearance.

The only problem I seem to be having is with intermittent WiFi connectivity. My Pre2 is sitting here connected to my home network with absolutely no issues whatsoever, but my Pre3 connectivity is all over the place, disconnecting frequently. I've tried both my N and G networks, but doesn't seem to make an diff. I'll be investigating the wifi issues further, but from initial readings it looks like no one has found a real solution yet
    One of the other T-mobile threads details the data types. 3G is UMTS. HSPA+ would show H+. Your 3G speeds are about the max of what I've seen on mine. My WIFI can be a bit flaky at times too. Seems weak to me.
  3.    #3  
    I should amend my post to accurately to reflect my experience with the App Catalog.

In short, I wish I had set my Calendar to July 1, 2013, and turned off network time, on my old Pre device before backing it up to Palm's servers. This would have saved me issues later, while my profile was updating on my new Pre3.

What happened is that when my profile was updating my new Pre3, the App Catalog failed to install ALL of my installed apps. This is because the Catalog update could not install, as the date reflected in my Pre3 was today's date, which is well after July 2013. So, I had to manually change the date on my Pre3 to July1, 2013, then installed the App Catalog update, then manually install each of my catalog apps one-by-one. It was a tedious process.
    Quote Originally Posted by mypalmpred View Post
    I should amend my post to accurately to reflect my experience with the App Catalog.

In short, I wish I had set my Calendar to July 1, 2013, and turned off network time, on my old Pre device before backing it up to Palm's servers. This would have saved me issues later, while my profile was updating on my new Pre3.

What happened is that when my profile was updating my new Pre3, the App Catalog failed to install ALL of my installed apps. This is because the Catalog update could not install, as the date reflected in my Pre3 was today's date, which is well after July 2013. So, I had to manually change the date on my Pre3 to July1, 2013, then installed the App Catalog update, then manually install each of my catalog apps one-by-one. It was a tedious process.
    If you had set your clock back, installed the app catalog update, set your clock back to today, and then rebooted your phone the apps would have all begun their download and install processes automatically. Woops...
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    If you had set your clock back, installed the app catalog update, set your clock back to today, and then rebooted your phone the apps would have all begun their download and install processes automatically. Woops...
    thx... i'll remember that for nextime
    Last edited by mypalmpred; 09/28/2013 at 07:14 PM.