Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Can you advise the best method to sync outlook and my palm pre3. I have been using Pocketmirror and Chapura until now but have now upgraded my pc to Outlook 2013 and Chapura does not support this.
    Thanks
    You can check this thread for other solutions that might work Chapura Closed 7/18/2012 :(
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Well... I like the CompanionLink... but is soooo expensive... and I have 5 PCs & Notebooks that I leave my informations to sync...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Outlook configures as an Exchange server... WebOS has always synced calendar, mail, contacts, with my Pre+, Pre2, TouchPad for both my wife's and my Outlook (live.com) accounts.
    Only flaw from my pov: mail comes over in text-only format, no HTML mail displays with pictures, etc.
    My solution is to configure the exchange account only for contacts and calendar.
    I then configure a pop3 interface to the account for email.
    You can configure both the Pop3 and Exchange interfaces to your live/outlook/hotmail accounts for mail, you just get two copies of each email, one via pop3 and one (text only) via exchange. It is then easy to choose which view you want by switching mailboxes in from the mail viewer app.
    Note: my wife and I sync our hotmail accounts via the live.com webpage options. When she adds a calendar entry in her PC or Pre2 or TouchPad, it appears in all 4 of our webOS devices.
    We have been using this technique for years.
    If anyone can tell me how to have HTML mail display on the mail reader app via the exchange interface (other than the PoP3 parallel interface kluge) please tell me! ...note, many messages in text-mode on exchange include a "view in browser" link which is an alternative to the Pop3 trick, but I find this too slow.
    Quote Originally Posted by fulmar57 View Post
    Can you advise the best method to sync outlook and my palm pre3. I have been using Pocketmirror and Chapura until now but have now upgraded my pc to Outlook 2013 and Chapura does not support this.
    Thanks
    It may not be what you are wanting to hear but I have always used gsync (other options are also available) on the PC to sync outlook with google and then the built in synergy in WebOS to sync to google.

Flawless, fast and I don't even have to remember to hit a sync button.

'Course, if you don't like your stuff in the cloud you will need to look for other options but for me it is just nice to know I have a 3rd backup of all my data and one that will follow me to any other device or OS I am likely to move to.

EDIT: Just realised you might also want your mail synced, for that I use IMAP on both outlook and WebOS -simples.
    Hello,

I'd like to use you solution to sync my Outlook 2013 with my Palm Pixi Web OS.
    Can you provide a bit more details what is needed to install your solution (on my PC and on my Web OS device)?

Thanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by CWFlink View Post
    Outlook configures as an Exchange server... WebOS has always synced calendar, mail, contacts, with my Pre+, Pre2, TouchPad for both my wife's and my Outlook (live.com) accounts.
    Only flaw from my pov: mail comes over in text-only format, no HTML mail displays with pictures, etc.
    My solution is to configure the exchange account only for contacts and calendar.
    I then configure a pop3 interface to the account for email.
    You can configure both the Pop3 and Exchange interfaces to your live/outlook/hotmail accounts for mail, you just get two copies of each email, one via pop3 and one (text only) via exchange. It is then easy to choose which view you want by switching mailboxes in from the mail viewer app.
    Note: my wife and I sync our hotmail accounts via the live.com webpage options. When she adds a calendar entry in her PC or Pre2 or TouchPad, it appears in all 4 of our webOS devices.
    We have been using this technique for years.
    If anyone can tell me how to have HTML mail display on the mail reader app via the exchange interface (other than the PoP3 parallel interface kluge) please tell me! ...note, many messages in text-mode on exchange include a "view in browser" link which is an alternative to the Pop3 trick, but I find this too slow.
    Global Posts
    612 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by isgtz View Post
    Hello,

I'd like to use you solution to sync my Outlook 2013 with my Palm Pixi Web OS.
    Can you provide a bit more details what is needed to install your solution (on my PC and on my Web OS device)?

Thanks a lot.
    I think he is talking about outlook.com, not Outlook running on a PC. If you can sync your PC Outlook with an outlook.com account that would probably do the trick, though. Then just sync your phone with the same account.