Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I know this thread really belongs in marketplace, but the mods said I don't have enough posts to qualify (?!).

I have a trusty old Pre3 that still works as well as ever (except for minor keyboard duplication issues), and I plan to keep it going until it dies. Then, sadly, I'll probably move away from WebOS. In the meantime, I need a replacement bezel (again). I'm on my third one, and keeping it together with electricians tape. If anyone has one or two available, I'll buy them from you.

Also, I'll be selling my New-In-Sealed-Box Verizon Pre3 that I bought as a backup. If anyone's interested, please let me know.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_fein View Post
    I know this thread really belongs in marketplace, but the mods said I don't have enough posts to qualify (?!).

I have a trusty old Pre3 that still works as well as ever (except for minor keyboard duplication issues), and I plan to keep it going until it dies. Then, sadly, I'll probably move away from WebOS. In the meantime, I need a replacement bezel (again). I'm on my third one, and keeping it together with electricians tape. If anyone has one or two available, I'll buy them from you.

Also, I'll be selling my New-In-Sealed-Box Verizon Pre3 that I bought as a backup. If anyone's interested, please let me know.

Thanks.
    Sounds like you need to get a good case (or a better one).

Why get rid of the backup now? The chances are you're going to need it sooner rather than later.

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Pre³ (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Pre³ Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts

Thanks.
    I'm a longtime webOS fan that would be interested in buying your Pre 3. Hoping that my budget meets your request. What's your asking price? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by qbenguy; 09/24/2013 at 12:34 AM.
    Good luck with the sale. The keyboard duplication issue I have seen on every pre3 and is software related.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    Good luck with the sale. The keyboard duplication issue I have seen on every pre3 and is software related.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4
    Is there a fix for keyboard duplication? On my pre + I was terrible, even after Palm released a software fix. On my pre 3, it is only occasional, but it's gotten worse lately.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post
    Sounds like you need to get a good case (or a better one).

Why get rid of the backup now? The chances are you're going to need it sooner rather than later.
    I use a PDair case, which I really like and recommend. The last bezel cracked at the bottom where I push the slider. The one before cracked at the top for no apparent reason.

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by qbenguy View Post
    I'm a longtime webOS fan that would be interested in buying your Pre 3. Hoping that my budget meets your request. What's your asking price? Thanks in advance.
    I paid $250 for it, and I see on eBay that they are still asking about that much, so that's the ballpark.

Is there a fix for keyboard duplication? On my pre + I was terrible, even after Palm released a software fix. On my pre 3, it is only occasional, but it's gotten worse lately.

The fix on the Pre+ was (as I recall) to clean some manufacturing-related gunk off the keypad circuit board (i.e., it was a hardware problem that required disassembly). Pre+s that exhibited this issue almost always did so out of the box (I tested about 8 handsets to find 2 that worked without key dupes or skips for me and my wife).

By contrast, the Pre³ keystroke dupe issue only started for me in the past 2 months, after 13 months of use. While I won't dispute the assertion that it's a software issue (though why it would delay its appearance for over a year if it is), I can't help but think that it's a sign of wear (i.e., also a hardware issue). If I'm right in my suspicion, only a new(er) keypad board transplant will fix it.

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Pre³ (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Pre³ Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix