Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    All of a sudden I get that pop up message on my gmail account, what's more it won't recognise my password (100% sure it's correct), still I do receive emails, it's just a matter of getting rid of that useless, and false, pop up, I tried rescan, restart luna, and restart java and it's still there.
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
  2.    #2  
    Okay, restarted the phone, waited the usual nth minutes until it woke up again and it's gone now, bizarre.
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    Are you using a screenstate profile with an agressive setting? 100/1000? I was, and this happend to me.
    Last edited by Lispy; 09/20/2013 at 01:44 AM. Reason: typo
  4.    #4  
    Bloody hell it's come back, as soon as I got another email it came back
    No I don't think I am using an aggressive profile, especially as I don't know what you're referring to saying 100/1000, is that kernel, I have no kernel installed.
    Yeah, sorry. I meant if you´re using a Overclocking tool called Govnah you can set certain profiles. With a screenstate profile the CPU is underclocked to e.g. 100Mhz when the screen is off. Sometimes this is not sufficient for everything to work, and it showed me this error from time to time. In your case, if you´re not using anything out of the normal you might just wait a day, maybe it goes away and is a glitch.

Have you tried deleting and reconfiguring your GMail profile?
  6.    #6  
    No probs I suspected you were talking about the overclock. I don't want to oveclock my Pre3 despite the -too many app- every now and then as my Pre got bricked (not sure what it was but won't take the risk now).
    I will delete my gmail profile next, I just hope I can reconfigure it back since at present it keeps saying password incorrect.
  7.    #7  
    Perfect, just as I feared. I deleted my gmail account and now can't get it back again! Tried changing password on my PC but that didn't help either, any help appreciated as with no email I might as well throw the stupid phone away
    Damn. I hope someone here has any further ideas...
    I noticed that Google tends to block my access on the phone/TP when I'm abroad and I need to enable it via the web interface again. Maybe that's the case here again too?
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    and I need to enable it via the web interface again
    What do you mean by enable it via the web interface
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    What do you mean by enable it via the web interface
    When I'm abroad and try to connect it will block my access because of the "strange" IP-address I'm connecting to. I need to login to gmail.com and then enable access and I'm OK on my device. See also:

How to Unlock Gmail for a New Email Program or Service - About Email

Just enable from there and try again, might work
    my gmail works perfectly, however i had similar issues with my hotmail account, the password would just up and change, id notice id get different results if i changed the password from the email app itsself as opposed to the system/accounts app even tho their pretty much the same?

But when it did happen it looked like my old smaller password was being remembered somehow instead of my much longer newer password and that even when i forced my new one in the old short one would just spring back into life on the touchpad/pre3.

as it happened on both devices i didnt know what the issue was, in the end i just set my hotmail to forward everything to my gmail and removed the hotmail account, so either the issue was just with hotmail or perhaps with the 2 different email accounts passwords being "mixed up" or it could have been any number of other things i couldnt really track down.

if it springs back up any time ill deffo be back here to look for more threads like this tho because i still have no idea what caused my password to reset/default/go wrong.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  13.    #13  
    Thanks guys. Herrie that linked solved it. If this happens to someone else this is what happened to me, as I have set gmail with the 2-step verification process I had to create a new temporary password for the Pre3 app, since, not sure why, my previous password somehow expired yesterday (I see this from my gmail account settings), not really sure why but that password which I set back in Dec 2011 wasn't working anymore that's why this morning I kept getting that error.
    geekpeter likes this.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    I am getting the gmail password request on my TP often the last 2 days too. When I tap the alert, it brings me to my accounts where usually you would see the yellow alert triangle. But this time I don't and it accepts my password when entered and then gives me another alert shortly after. My Pre2 however is not having this problem. Seems kind of strange compared to past Google gmail issues.
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    fyi: i'm not having any issues with gmail synch, and rarely do except the occasional re-entry of password required, but that multiple causes -- and doesn't happen too often.

but i did have to reenter password for one of my gmails today. i have 3 gmails and two hotmails. all synch well daily, pretty much.
    Herrie is on the right track. This problem recently happened on both my Touch Pad and Frankenpre 2. Click on the link below and follow the instructions:

https://support.google.com/accounts/...yUnlockCaptcha

Basically you have to create what Google calls an "Application specific password". You will use the generated password once in place of your usual password on the device. Once used, you will then be able to access google mail, contacts, calendar, etc., and use your usual password later if need be, via the webOS applications.
    TheStigOnline likes this.
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mohaynes View Post
    Herrie is on the right track. This problem recently happened on both my Touch Pad and Frankenpre 2. Click on the link below and follow the instructions:

Basically you have to create what Google calls an "Application specific password". You will use the generated password once in place of your usual password on the device. Once used, you will then be able to access google mail, contacts, calendar, etc., and use your usual password later if need be, via the webOS applications.
    Is this a new thing mohaynes?

I have also being getting this on my pre3 for gmail yesterday and a couple of days ago.
    Its only syncing the calendar/account that it happens.

Reading gmail through the email app works fine.

odd
    Running WebOS v2.24 on HPalm Pre3
    Quote Originally Posted by mohaynes View Post

This link didn't take me to any instructions, just the Accounts>Help main menu. Please verify the link.

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Pre³ (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Pre³ Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    interesting thread...

I have been getting thks message frequently with my yahoo accounts... (gmail has never done this to me)

sometimes, I have found that my touchpad has skipped time and the clock is off by 15 min or so. I have to go to "date time" and toggle "network time" off and then back on to reset the time. Then the message will clear.

other times, I have to go to "accounts and prefs" and just click "sign in".
    other times the PW is gone and I have to try to remember the last password I used when last fiddled with it.
    (and my isp changed their email settings recently too, which caused me additional confusion)
    And also I have ATT internet at the house, and they require your smtp settings to go through their servers (though some of my accounts still work if I haven't set it that way), which is another royal PITA.

it all is strange and it seems like its never the same issue. Curious if others have encountered any more issues of this sort, and why this is happening. Another noted there can be multiple reasons for it, but clearly something has been happening relatively recently that causes it, for mysterious, or at least not very clear reasons.
    Roy

Pre3 is here !! Loving it
    Sprint FrankenPre2 - Touchpad - Homebrew galore
    History: Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Palm Pre
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast