Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    I decided to doctor my phone to 2.2.5 but it wouldn't let me log into my profile account. To make matters even more strange, it let me create a profile with the same email address and password. Anyone tried 2.2.5 On Verizon successfully and log into your existing profile? Went back to 2.2.4
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    After you doctor, it's likely your cert is gone.

http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...-everyone.html
    Don't forget the webOS 2.2.5 backup source contained a Palm-Build-Info, which should be changed to impersonate webOS 2.2.4, as the build should not let you on Palm's Public Profile servers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ggendel View Post
    I decided to doctor my phone to 2.2.5 but it wouldn't let me log into my profile account. To make matters even more strange, it let me create a profile with the same email address and password. Anyone tried 2.2.5 On Verizon successfully and log into your existing profile? Went back to 2.2.4
    I did, and the same thing happened to me, I just went back to 2.2.4
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    Does that impersonation hack work to fool Preware that you are on 2.2.4? The only reason I didn't doctor to 2.2.5 is the lack of homebrew support since 2.2.5s source was never released.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Quote Originally Posted by alanmorford View Post
    Does that impersonation hack work to fool Preware that you are on 2.2.4? The only reason I didn't doctor to 2.2.5 is the lack of homebrew support since 2.2.5s source was never released.
    Yes if one takes the Palm-Build-Info from webOS 2.2.4 and copies it as is, replacing the existing webOS 2.2.5 Palm-Build-Info, it will report you have webOS 2.2.4 not webOS 2.2.5, the version comes from this file.

You can always force Preware to use other feeds besides the default... but the easiest is to swap the Palm-Build-Info files...

FYI there is not much to webOS 2.2.5 but if you want to learn about the build:
    verizon pre3 on page plus?
    I manually added the 2.2.4 feeds to preware on my backup Pre 3 running 2.2.5 but uberkernel failed because my device said it was 2.2.5. Am I asking for trouble by replacing my build file and then installing uberkernel?
    Follow me on Twitter
    I manually added the 2.2.4 feeds to preware on my backup Pre 3 running 2.2.5 but uberkernel failed because my device said it was 2.2.5. Am I asking for trouble by replacing my build file and then installing uberkernel?
    I have not tested UberKernel with webOS 2.2.5, but the kernel for all Pre3's are different. Even thought the UberKernel works on the Pre3, each build was designed around it's carrier when HP took over.

But I explain that here:
    pre3 cuts out and reboots randomly

FYI I got two version of webOS 2.2.5 one for AT&T and one for Verizon both have different MD5SUMS for their kernel.
    Did the minimal changes found in the Verizon version match the one you have for at&t? Or did you meta doctor a custom 2.2.5 for your at&t Pre3? Is there any chance we'll see 'jerry-rigged' support for 2.2.5 or is it just a testing platform and not really capable for daily driving?
    Follow me on Twitter
    Did the minimal changes found in the Verizon version match the one you have for at&t? Or did you meta doctor a custom 2.2.5 for your at&t Pre3? Is there any chance we'll see 'jerry-rigged' support for 2.2.5 or is it just a testing platform and not really capable for daily driving?
    The Kernel MD5SUMS for AT&T webOS 2.2.5 (build 2975) vs Verizon webOS 2.2.5 (build 2974) are different, however, the changes for webOS 2.2.5 are the same from webOS 2.2.4 (except of course AT&T carrier apps vs Verizon carrier apps).

Some changes is builds are newer like kernel uimage, palm-build-info, dns-sd binary, libflashplayer.so, libdns-sd.so.1.0, libnss_mdns.so, calinks.tgz, PmModemQxdmLogger. luna-webkit (1.5-221.57 vs 1.5-221.56 although the md5sums did not seem to change), AudioD (1.1-368.54 vs 1.5-368.53 although the md5sums did not seem to change).

I can only say the biggest thing that change from webOS 2.2.4 to 2.2.5 is the AudioD driver and Luna webkit, will that change the performance? I doubt it.

As it was never released from HP/Palm and most of the existing webOS 2.2.4 patches will work, Preware's feeds were modified to handle webOS 2.2.5 and 3.0.6, but no patches were flagged as webOS 2.2.5/3.0.6 so the feeds are empty. (I do not yet have a backup source for webOS 3.0.6, just wanted to mention the feeds, also I do not have an AT&T Pre3 only a Verizon Pre3, so I have not had the time or the device to test the AT&T webOS 2.2.5 on an AT&T device, but have tested both on the Verizon Pre3 and have copied parts to the PrePlus/Pre2)
    Last edited by John Steffes; 09/09/2013 at 07:43 PM.
    Pardon my na´vetÚ but I assume flagging patches for use with 2.2.5 is more extensive than it sounds. Correct?
    Last edited by alanmorford; 09/09/2013 at 07:58 PM.
    Follow me on Twitter
    Pardon my na´vetÚ but I assume flagging patches for use with 2.2.5 is more extensive than it sounds. Correct?
    That depends on the patching directories they are using one can create a root patch directory then use soft-links to link the file to more then one directory. I assume the feeds are hosted on a Linux box, and soft-linking is built in, it would be just add all the soft-links from webOS 2.2.4 to webOS 2.2.5, again not sure if Rod would do this. This is his feeds and you can ask him, the worst he will reply is no, the best is sure. but someone needs to test each patch to validate it works (although the JavaScript source is the same MD5SUMS),there might be a patch that modifies something else that is not common.
    Thanks for the reply. I've written him before but never received a reply. I think I've seen him post on here recently though so I'll ask here. Hey Rod?! Any chance the patches feed can get updated to allow 2.2.5 installs?
    Follow me on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    That depends on the patching directories they are using one can create a root patch directory then use soft-links to link the file to more then one directory. I assume the feeds are hosted on a Linux box, and soft-linking is built in, it would be just add all the soft-links from webOS 2.2.4 to webOS 2.2.5, again not sure if Rod would do this. This is his feeds and you can ask him, the worst he will reply is no, the best is sure. but someone needs to test each patch to validate it works (although the JavaScript source is the same MD5SUMS),there might be a patch that modifies something else that is not common.
    So John, do you have a 2.2.5 meta script for at&t then? One that will give it recognized tokens so it would have hp server access? Just changing the build info did nothing to allow server access on the backup.
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    Yes if one takes the Palm-Build-Info from webOS 2.2.4 and copies it as is, replacing the existing webOS 2.2.5 Palm-Build-Info, it will report you have webOS 2.2.4 not webOS 2.2.5, the version comes from this file.

You can always force Preware to use other feeds besides the default... but the easiest is to swap the Palm-Build-Info files...

FYI there is not much to webOS 2.2.5 but if you want to learn about the build:
    verizon pre3 on page plus?
    John,

Did anyone quantify any differences? I noted that there was mention that the Mail app is different, but no description of what changed. Is it the "threaded" version or just some minor tweaks?

If anyone has been using it for a bit and has some comments it would be great. I'm also interested in learning whether it's worth losing the ability to run an accelerated kernel (I use A-1). I have no real complaints about the Pre 3 with 2.2.4, only minor nits... It sometimes missing key presses right after waking it up, sometimes churns trying to display a mail message, and sometimes the notification pops as a blank white area (usually when I read and delete mail on another device). If the new mail app fixes these issues then I'll give it a whirl.

Gary
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by creepingmee View Post
    So John, do you have a 2.2.5 meta script for at&t then? One that will give it recognized tokens so it would have hp server access? Just changing the build info did nothing to allow server access on the backup.
    I have a script that takes the clean rootfs and builds a Verizon Pre3 build, I have not had the time to tweek it to be an AT&T script and because I do not have a AT&T device I would need someone to test it before release.

Quote Originally Posted by ggendel View Post
    John,

Did anyone quantify any differences? I noted that there was mention that the Mail app is different, but no description of what changed. Is it the "threaded" version or just some minor tweaks?

If anyone has been using it for a bit and has some comments it would be great. I'm also interested in learning whether it's worth losing the ability to run an accelerated kernel (I use A-1). I have no real complaints about the Pre 3 with 2.2.4, only minor nits... It sometimes missing key presses right after waking it up, sometimes churns trying to display a mail message, and sometimes the notification pops as a blank white area (usually when I read and delete mail on another device). If the new mail app fixes these issues then I'll give it a whirl.

Gary
    From webOS 2.2.4/2.2.5 there is no mail app difference... from Open webOS to webOS 3.0.5 there are mail app differences. However, anyone can use the mail app from webOS 3.0.5 (if you can extract it out of the doctor) and put it on webOS 2.2.4 device (there also are additional enyo frameworks that need to be extracted from webOS 3.0.5 to make the new mail app work, they also need to be modified to the smaller screen).

But I detailed the differences here:
    The rare WebOS devices and accessories.
    What's the easiest way to extract something from a doctor? I noticed the youtube link is missing from the Pre3 2.2.5 launcher but the files are all there in usr/palm/applications. I realize its probably a weblink but the custom icon DOES look nicer than anything I can make especially with the add to launcher icon bug.
    Follow me on Twitter
    John, recently got hold of some AT&T and EU Pre3's. Happy to test the script You have my contact details
    What's the easiest way to extract something from a doctor? I noticed the youtube link is missing from the Pre3 2.2.5 launcher but the files are all there in usr/palm/applications. I realize its probably a weblink but the custom icon DOES look nicer than anything I can make especially with the add to launcher icon bug.
    Good way is the meta doctor application, but you can extract it many different ways...

The icon is created during the first use application, and the rest is a stub app to launch the video player.

Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    John, recently got hold of some AT&T and EU Pre3's. Happy to test the script You have my contact details
    Will do when I have something to test I will let you know...
    Good way is the meta doctor application, but you can extract it many different ways...
    Forgive me, but would you care to elaborate for folks like me who are only dangerous enough to follow the hard work of others?

The icon is created during the first use application, and the rest is a stub app to launch the video player.
    Oh since I bypassed with ##DEVMODE# I didn't allow it to be created. Can I manually add links to the launcher for built in apps? I know I can extract com.palm.app.youtube and repackage it but IPK Packager forces apps to /media/cryptofs right?
    Follow me on Twitter
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast