Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by alanmorford View Post
    Forgive me, but would you care to elaborate for folks like me who are only dangerous enough to follow the hard work of others?
    This process is not hard, little techie yes, but if followed many things can be done:

Application:MetaDoctor - WebOS Internals

Quote Originally Posted by alanmorford View Post
    Oh since I bypassed with ##DEVMODE# I didn't allow it to be created. Can I manually add links to the launcher for built in apps? I know I can extract com.palm.app.youtube and repackage it but IPK Packager forces apps to /media/cryptofs right?
    Well there is a way to re-run first use, with impostah, you have to erase the phone... This is a quick reply, but there is more details in other threads...

So in a nut shell (assume you are wifi only, as you do not have a data plan), one would log into the phone via devmode, use webOSQuickInstaller to install impostah, enable and configure wifi, now use impostah to remove the bypassfirst use account, then use impostah to reset the palm profile,when it asks to reboot respond with yes.

All your apps/palm profile will be removed, you will start back at first use, but wifi will be enabled and working and you can then use first use app to login to your profile and restore any apps and it will create all icons including the YouTube one...

I also detailed in the PrePlus 2.2.4 thread how one can use the web browser and map the URL to the icon but you would still have a broken palm account.
    Last edited by John Steffes; 09/16/2013 at 09:55 PM.
    Excuse me for what appears to be a really stupid question, but... webOS 2.2.5?! When did it come out? I thought HP didn't go further after releasing 2.2.4.
    Non official backup taken from some devices that were bought from eBay/Craigslist etc. 2.2.5 and 3.0.6 were being tested internally @ HP when they decided to pull the plug on webOS

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    So do we actually have any idea what improvements were made? I recall seeing that several core apps had new version numbers, but no sense of how performance or behavior changed?
    Quote Originally Posted by ananimus View Post
    So do we actually have any idea what improvements were made? I recall seeing that several core apps had new version numbers, but no sense of how performance or behavior changed?
    I detailed the Verizon webOS 2.2.5 build here:

verizon pre3 on page plus?

With what changed here:

The rare WebOS devices and accessories.

AT&T version look on page one of this thread:

WebOS Version 2.2.5
    ananimus likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    I detailed the Verizon webOS 2.2.5 build here:

verizon pre3 on page plus?

With what changed here:

The rare WebOS devices and accessories.

AT&T version look on page one of this thread:

WebOS Version 2.2.5
    Indeed! Lots of numbers changed. But what I'm reading is "the versions updated, but I don't really see any obvious improvements"?
    Quote Originally Posted by ggendel View Post
    I decided to doctor my phone to 2.2.5 but it wouldn't let me log into my profile account. To make matters even more strange, it let me create a profile with the same email address and password. Anyone tried 2.2.5 On Verizon successfully and log into your existing profile? Went back to 2.2.4
    The device is likely on the internal dev server. It doesn't share accounts with production.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12