1.    #1  
    Hello everybody,
    something strange is happening with my pre 3.

Right after doctoring my battery lasts for two days. After more or less ten days of use the battery suddenly lasts for one day!

I make very light use of the phone. Very few apps loaded, and 3G, wifi and gps discativated for most of the time.

New Mugen battery tried yesterday but the problem still remains. Looks like there's a process or something that sucks up my battery.

Any suggestions?
    I can't be sure but I believe that something happens from time to time where emails won't since correctly, battery drain and runs hot. I had this before and can't recall the fix or if it just went away. Probly something with their servers, but I'm no expert.

You can try disabling automatic backup and see if it gets better.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    For some reason the patch root certificate was not carried out properly on my Pre3 and experience a similar problem.
    When repeat it, the problem ended.
    Do you notice that the phone gets slower as well?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
  5.    #5  
    Not really, I notice no difference in speed...

It's happened already twice. Both times I doctored and everything ran fine...just for a caouple of weeks. Then fast battery drain again.

Is there a way to see the processes running, something like a "Task manager"?
    This isn't helpful, but I briefly had the same problem on my Pre 3 after almost one month. It seemed that when I went to certain parts of my town, cellular data would drain the battery much, MUCH faster than usual.

But in my case it went back to normal all by itself. Never found out why.
    my pre3 is wifi only and it will not last through the night if i take it off the charger at 10pm and DON'T use it; i wake up and it's dead.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by Emanuel Voulgarelis View Post

It's happened already twice. Both times I doctored and everything ran fine...just for a caouple of weeks. Then fast battery drain again.

How long have you had your Pre 3 and its battery?

JSTop for a task manager, and Govnah for CPU utilization, RAM and battery draw. Dr.Battery for battery health. Lumberjack for watching dbus activity in realtime (hardware and software status messages).

Also, you can install Terminal and then with the app open, press the power button to "sleep", wait two minutes and then wake it up. You'll see the power daemon messages, and if you have a dozen of them, saying that the phone is cycling between suspend and resume, there's an app called Nodoze, which will prevent this cycling. While true sleep (suspend) wastes the least battery, running with the screen off still uses less power than endless cycling. Just don't try to diagnose this problem while charging, always unplug first.

Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    my pre3 is wifi only and it will not last through the night if i take it off the charger at 10pm and DON'T use it; i wake up and it's dead.
    Does yours have the "sleep" problem, or do you live in a cellular "dead zone"?
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    You've got something going seriously wrong there. My Pre3 on wifi only (i.e. turn off the GSM radios) will last several days. I don't use it it that mode though but I normally get 14 hours plus out of mine with wifi on, 2G/3G auto, BT on, GPS off. The only time this is not true is if I start downloading stuff during the day or listen to Dr Podder for more than a few minutes, both of these seem to drain the battery much faster.

I'm using a 1400 Mugen battery for what it's worth, gives me maybe a couple of hours extra over the standard one.
  11.    #11  
    I believe I found the cause!

I set the Network Auto-Select to "OFF". Everything seems normal again! Thank god...
    I believe I found the cause!

I set the Network Auto-Select to "OFF". Everything seems normal again! Thank god...
    How do you set network auto select to off?
    Quote Originally Posted by deibski View Post
    How do you set network auto select to off?
    phone app settings
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06