Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
  1.    #1  
    Well I did it. I've been on Android for almost 2 years. Check this post here for the details of what brought me back to webOS recently. Take THAT Verizon tech-guy! So I chat it up with Verizon today and find out all the details of why I would lose unlimited data (see this post for that conversation) How and Why unlimited on VZW goes away and how to avoid it

What did I decide to do? I WAS waiting for the Note 3 but since I don't want to change my data plan I'd have to buy it at the new cost when it comes out somewhere between $700-$800 I'm guessing. Screw that! In the meantime I have re-fallen in love with my Pre+. It's just so tiiiiiiiny. SO I BOUGHT A PRE 3! Thank you eBay.

I'm curious though. I was prepared to pay $300 for a new phone at the discount price in a couple months so when I saw a "1 month used, comes in the box with charger, touchstone, etc, 8GB, VZW" Pre 3 for Buy It Now $150 and $15 shipping it didn't seem that much to me. What kind of deals did you all get on yours?
    Congrats!

Hope you enjoy it and it lasts long enough (some of them die randomly )
    Rnp likes this.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    Congrats!

Hope you enjoy it and it lasts long enough (some of them die randomly )
    Yeah that would be bad. Guess I'd just have to find a new one!
    It is confusing why someone would be switching TO webos these days given the situation.

pre3 is still my only phone(and Touchpad my only tablet) but neither get much use these days.

(waning myself off the platform, i should stop coming here it is just depressing to see)

I'd probably be open to selling my 3 pres, pre2, veer but I have a tendency to value things for more than they are worth so probably will just keep them until they are completely worthless before recycling them. I remember recently after seeing a TV ad for one of those cell phone buy back things I put in my veer and they were offering something like $5 for it.

(sigh)
    Quote Originally Posted by alanmorford View Post
    Well I did it. I've been on Android for almost 2 years. Check this post here for the details of what brought me back to webOS recently. Take THAT Verizon tech-guy! So I chat it up with Verizon today and find out all the details of why I would lose unlimited data (see this post for that conversation) How and Why unlimited on VZW goes away and how to avoid it

What did I decide to do? I WAS waiting for the Note 3 but since I don't want to change my data plan I'd have to buy it at the new cost when it comes out somewhere between $700-$800 I'm guessing. Screw that! In the meantime I have re-fallen in love with my Pre+. It's just so tiiiiiiiny. SO I BOUGHT A PRE 3! Thank you eBay.

I'm curious though. I was prepared to pay $300 for a new phone at the discount price in a couple months so when I saw a "1 month used, comes in the box with charger, touchstone, etc, 8GB, VZW" Pre 3 for Buy It Now $150 and $15 shipping it didn't seem that much to me. What kind of deals did you all get on yours?
    High Five! I also recently purchased a Verizon Pre3. So far, the first few days the battery died but so far its been staying in the 65%-80% range, but it helps to keep Dr. Battery open while charging so you can make sure that it always reaching 100%. Other than that, it's a wonderful device, and you will love it
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    Rnp likes this.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Welcome back. Love the pre 3. Be sure to charge it for at least 8-12h straight for the first 5 charges, helps to get the most out of your battery EVEN if Dr battery says it's at 100% after the first charge it will take a few charges to make it perform at optimum level and last you a whole day. After your initial 5 day honeymoon

Take care
    Simens S3 -> Simens S10 -> Palm V & Simens S35i -> SE T610 & Palm T2 -> SE S700 & Palm T3 ->SE W810i -> Palm Pre- running WebOS 2.1!! @500Mhz -> Palm Pre 2. The Pre 2 rocks. -> Pre 3, Nice & Touchpad=> Future Pre 4 wanted.
    Rnp and Remy X like this.
    I paid about the same for my Pre3 a couple months ago. I love it. Sharp screen, super fast, and just small enough to be comfortable. It has a bit of key-repeat problem, but other than that it is perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by alanmorford View Post
    I'm curious though.... $150 and $15 shipping it didn't seem that much to me. What kind of deals did you all get on yours?
    Nice purchase! I got a new, unlocked Pre 3 maybe 4 months ago for the same price. Think that was craigslist (?).

Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post
    High Five! I also recently purchased a Verizon Pre3. So far, the first few days the battery died but so far its been staying in the 65%-80% range
    Yeah, I remember having battery troubles at first too. Not sure if conditioning (Beca's post above) or due to the usual background Synergy downloads and sorting that happen when you first add the Profile, etc. It eventually simmered down and gets me through the day now.

Oh, and I have Grabber's key repeat problem now too. It didn't do it at first, just started recently. A pity since I disabled auto correct. (Did something change for the Pre 3? I remember auto correct not being as stupid on my Pre 2.)
    I bought my first (new) Verizon Preł over a year ago for $325, and a backup (also new, from the same seller) last month for $199. If yours works, you got a great deal. So far for me, no battery problems with my first Preł, and I only recently have started to notice the occasional double-character repeat (though not on any specific key(s), as I saw on several of my Pre+s that I returned under warranty).

I read your other post about your conversation with the Verizon rep--I fear you have been misinformed , unless the activation process/policy has changed in the past year . I, too, had the unlimited data plan (on a Pre+), but was unable to activate my Preł without being required by the Verizon web site to switch to a new plan (it was hard-wired in; nor could any Verizon rep help me bypass that requirement ). May you have a better outcome.

Also, note the link in my signature to my post about my Verizon activation experience--you may find some help there as you attempt this.

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
    I recently bought a Pre 3 having spent nearly 4 year with my Palm Pre. I have to say its a vast improvement with just the speed and functionality.
    However I have notice with month of owning it a few little problems.
    Randomly going to Check SIM- SOS Mode- after 2 restart normally fixes it.
    My contact didn't pull down from the big synergy cloud, So I have to find them all manually.
    When your on the phone to somebody it randomly calls someone else. Then puts that person on hold.
    Alarm that was set, just going unset in the middle of the night.
    The battery, randomly goes from 70% to 30% in a blink of an eye!
    I mean the lack of apps but I'm used to that, Ive owned a WebOS phone before.

There just a few little problem, I don't know how long I will have this phone. The only reason I lasted with my Pre for that long was the fact, I didn't want to buy a HP one, knowing they messed up WebOS, but I gave in!

I think Ill stay with my Pre 3 for year to see how that works out. The truth is Ive tired all the other OS's I don't really like any of them.

They are just my views on just having it for a month. Congrats on getting one you will enjoy it Im sure
    Quote Originally Posted by leawzkd View Post
    I recently bought a Pre 3 having spent nearly 4 year with my Palm Pre. I have to say its a vast improvement with just the speed and functionality.
    However I have notice with month of owning it a few little problems.
    Randomly going to Check SIM- SOS Mode- after 2 restart normally fixes it.
    My contact didn't pull down from the big synergy cloud, So I have to find them all manually.
    When your on the phone to somebody it randomly calls someone else. Then puts that person on hold.
    Alarm that was set, just going unset in the middle of the night.
    The battery, randomly goes from 70% to 30% in a blink of an eye!
    I mean the lack of apps but I'm used to that, Ive owned a WebOS phone before.

There just a few little problem, I don't know how long I will have this phone. The only reason I lasted with my Pre for that long was the fact, I didn't want to buy a HP one, knowing they messed up WebOS, but I gave in!

I think Ill stay with my Pre 3 for year to see how that works out. The truth is Ive tired all the other OS's I don't really like any of them.

They are just my views on just having it for a month. Congrats on getting one you will enjoy it Im sure
    Wow! That's a lot of little things going on. Maybe I've just been lucky to not have any of those problems on my Preł over the past year, but I have to ask: Are you on 2.2.4 or something earlier?

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
    Global Posts
    1,068 Global Posts
    I bought my HP Pre 3 on Verizon for $176.30 (including shipping costs) new in sealed box back in early May 2013.

Other notable devices:
    Windows laptops: Asus VivoBook X202E (Windows 8), HP Pavilion g4-1215dx (Windows 7)
    Chromebooks: Samsung Chromebook XE303
    Quote Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post
    Wow! That's a lot of little things going on. Maybe I've just been lucky to not have any of those problems on my Preł over the past year, but I have to ask: Are you on 2.2.4 or something earlier?
    2.2.4 IS the latest version!!
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    I have a gsm pre 3 (I'm in the uk) and I love it. I've never had any key repeat or battery problems... Am I lucky?!

I have lost the middle of the p from the hp logo, though
    just bought an att pre 3 two nights ago off ebay and i'm super stoked to use that bad boy as a daily driver.

i was an original pre owner, then frankenpre, then veer. also made the gladhander and a different variation of a glass theme, but both for the veer (under my username "tigercranestyle" at prethemer).

coming from rezound, galaxy nexus, dna, nexus 4, and s4. phones just made me feel uber empty.

don't give a gosh darn about the dated specs. just want my fluidity back.
    Quote Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post

Yep 2.2.4! Another Fault to add onto it, ''Bonging me Saying throw cards away" There's no cards to throw away it happens about 4 to 5 times a day, Restart does it :/
    Quote Originally Posted by leawzkd View Post
    Yep 2.2.4! Another Fault to add onto it, ''Bonging me Saying throw cards away" There's no cards to throw away it happens about 4 to 5 times a day, Restart does it :/
    You've got something seriously wrong with your unit. It might be a hardware issue, but if so, there's probably no solution. You might try doing a file-by-file hash comparison with the 2.2.4 doctor, to see if you've got a system file that's been corrupted, but that could take a long while. I hate to suggest re-doctoring and starting over, but that may be the only practical way of finding out. Oh, and do download a fresh doctor, just in case your current one has a bad bit somewhere that's caused your problems.

TMC errors? (Too Many Cards)

It has to do with the fact that the Pre3's modem firmware is occupying part of the system memory, so instead of 500Mb RAM, i think you have something like 380Mb left over... i could be wrong about the numbers, but in any case that's the reason why i prefer a Pre2 over a Pre3

So what you're seeing is that an app, system service or Luna itself (the window manager) is leaking memory and not reclaiming it. It happens to all webOS devices, however on the Pre- and Pre3, memory tends to run out faster.

You can try Doctoring and re-installing everything from scratch, or if that doesn't help, there's a custom kernel available that will allow the memory leak to go into swap (written to disk) instead of making you reboot immediately...

I'll have to ask around about the modified kernel, because i've never had a need for it, being able to go three weeks without rebooting my Pre+
    JsTop from Preware might help with some memory garbage collection as well!

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Last edited by Herrie; 08/20/2013 at 02:53 AM.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Thanks Guys for your suggestions!! Ill give them ago, Shame I cant just take it back haha
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast