1.    #1  
    OK, so last night I finally got that /var/db full error after almost 2 years with my phone. It first popped the "almost full" message, then within a few seconds the "completely full and must erase phone", though I managed to dismiss it and immediately went and did the 512MB cryptofs mod, and managed to save my profile. At that point I noticed it shot up to 135MB used.

However, after the reboot, while my profile is saved, I noticed some strange things happening around the Accounts, Contacts and Messaging at random:

- Google Talk will not connect, nor load any contacts, only Skype
    - Contacts, Accounts and Messaging will all go blank, but will come back after a Luna Restart
    - Randomly some contacts will not show, need to go offline and online (this always happened, usually when my network connection goes flaky, but it's happening more frequently even when network connection is stable)

I've tried various things, some sometimes work and don't:
    - Toggling Messaging for my primary Google Account, off then on
    - Toggling Messaging for another Google Account, on then off
    - Deleting and recretating my primary Google Account

This leads me to think somewhere some DB that holds the account data is still corrupted, but I though recreating the accounts should recreate the DB?

So my question now is... is doctoring my only way out or is there a way I can recreate those DB? I just wiped my phone 3 months ago and kind of don't want to do this.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    have you tried deactivating all cloud accounts and then check various dbs with impostah and clean up possible unlinked leftovers there?

There also somewhere was a db integrety check at lowlevel db format (wasn't it even some berkley db commnds, can't remember), but these could possibly cause more harm than cure. But then again before doctoring again...
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    have you tried deactivating all cloud accounts and then check various dbs with impostah and clean up possible unlinked leftovers there?

There also somewhere was a db integrety check at lowlevel db format (wasn't it even some berkley db commnds, can't remember), but these could possibly cause more harm than cure. But then again before doctoring again...
    Well the only cloud accounts I have are the two Google ones I mentioned. I had an Outlook one which I removed since it was just wasting data, wasn't using it. Others I don't think those are really "cloud" since they don't really hit ch up to any services.

I guess I can give it a try. Surprisingly it's been stable since the last loss this morning.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

Yeah, mojodb/db8 is an interface which currently sits on top of a Berkeley DB implementation. I *had* a utility... But I cannot seem to find it... There was another binary posted somewhere on here.

I'd try a db integrity check. Some of the db services are prone to issues, regardless. I don't remember if any config files need to/should be edited...
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
  5.    #5  
    It's not in Tailor right? I did the resizing manually since I couldn't get Tailor to work.

db_recover was the Tool i think:

TP needs daily re-boot and page before.

hmm should link this in my hidden tips thread
  7.    #7  
    I'll keep that in mind. I'm making a trip to the doctor a semi-annual thing, so I'm due for that in about 3 months. If something happens in between I'll take a look... thanks guys.