Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dkirker
  1.    #1  
    I took my Pre off of the TouchStone this Morning around 7 O Clock, and it is already at 80%. Is this Normal for a Verizon Pre3? or should I worry
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    I have some problem like this too in this last days... but my Pre is AT&T...

I'm waiting the charge finish and make a full charge to see if solve...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    I have some problem like this too in this last days... but my Pre is AT&T...

I'm waiting the charge finish and make a full charge to see if solve...

Best Regards...
    Maybe if we just let it die and fully charge it a couple times.
    I've seen issues where system services (typically kswapd) kinda go crazy and drain battery. It is hard to say specifically what might be causing it. What version of webOS is it running?
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Remy X likes this.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    I've seen issues where system services (typically kswapd) kinda go crazy and drain battery. It is hard to say specifically what might be causing it. What version of webOS is it running?
    My Pre3 stays next to my bed at night. I usually fall asleep with it at 50-80% charge, on airplane mode with wifi on. It RARELY makes it to morning with any charge. =(
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Airplane mode w/ music playing throughout the night = no problems; ~50% remaining.
    Fell asleep while browsing recently = totally drained

Since no other radios were on and only the browser in use, my guess is that the WiFi radio did not power down as it should.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post
    I took my Pre off of the TouchStone this Morning around 7 O Clock, and it is already at 80%. Is this Normal for a Verizon Pre3? or should I worry
    Sometimes, the touchstone and phone don't have complete alignment and the charge is lost quickly. Then you have the fun of waking up to a dead phone. Used to happen to me with my old Pre and my current Pre 2. Sometimes the alignment shifts slightly in the middle of the night and you don't hear the chimes made with misalignment. Double check to make sure the pre 3 is completely on the touchstone.
    Quote Originally Posted by p41m3r View Post
    Airplane mode w/ music playing throughout the night = no problems; ~50% remaining.
    Fell asleep while browsing recently = totally drained

Since no other radios were on and only the browser in use, my guess is that the WiFi radio did not power down as it should.
    I think WiFi is killer in Pre3. I have the 'cycling' patch installed that GuyFromNam made (I think he made it... o.O), but I don't think it's guilty. Somehow WiFi is draining the battery at a very rapid pace, faster than normal I think.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    I think WiFi is killer in Pre3. I have the 'cycling' patch installed that GuyFromNam made (I think he made it... o.O), but I don't think it's guilty. Somehow WiFi is draining the battery at a very rapid pace, faster than normal I think.
    i have a theory that the camera never fully shuts off on the Pre3 after use. But it is pretty unlikely
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post
    i have a theory that the camera never fully shuts off on the Pre3 after use. But it is pretty unlikely
    That used to be the case in the early Pre.