Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree15Likes
  • 1 Post By bearda
  • 1 Post By Rnp
  • 1 Post By wareagleben
  • 3 Post By greenoyster
  • 1 Post By Remy X
  • 2 Post By greenoyster
  • 1 Post By Alan Morford
  • 5 Post By dkirker
  1.    #1  
    Have there been any updates about WebOS' support with Pebble? Has HaPe created anything yet? Unfortunately, if there will be no Pebble support, I'll have to switch to Android. It's been a fun ride, webOS. :/
  2. #2  
    ?
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    ?
    Pebble... smartwatch.
    Pebble: E-Paper Watch for iPhone and Android by Pebble Technology &mdash; Kickstarter
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    ?
    I think he is talking about the smart watch. And No it will not
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
  5. bearda's Avatar
    Posts
    68 Posts
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    #5  
    The Pebble may be ale to display text messages and incoming calls (without caller I'd) based on the MAP profile support on the Pre3. I'm pretty sure that how some of the notifications work on iOS without having the Pebble app installed. Aside from that there needs to be some pretty low-level Bluetooth interaction.
    Remy X likes this.
  6. #6  
    Sounds like it's worth testing it out first, before deciding...
  7. #7  
    Great idea!

    I have a friend that have both, Pre 3 & Peeble... I'll gonna ask him to test!


    Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Remy X likes this.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by blaziiken311 View Post
    Have there been any updates about WebOS' support with Pebble? Has HaPe created anything yet? Unfortunately, if there will be no Pebble support, I'll have to switch to Android. It's been a fun ride, webOS. :/
    There is no official support for webOS devices with the Pebble; for the hell of it, back when my friend got his delivered as part of his association with the initial Kickstarter effort, my Pre 2 didn't work with it at all, nor did a friend's Pre 3 he bought as a collectable and threw a SIM card into.

    So...I wouldn't bank on anything webOS working with it. If it isn't in the specs, assume it isn't supported unless you're a developer using their API and somehow make it work. Worth a shot just to see if you can make it happen, though.
  9. #9  
    HaPe's project's dead. I own both a Pebble and a Pre 3 and nothing works. It would be great if someone more knowledgeable than I could work with one of the Pebble APIs and get some basic functionality.
    Remy X likes this.
  10. #10  
    There is an open source library that has pretty much the same functionality as the official iOS/Android Pebble app: https://github.com/Hexxeh/libpebble

    But it would probably take some work to make it run on webOS.
    wareagleben, Rnp and Remy X like this.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenoyster View Post
    There is an open source library that has pretty much the same functionality as the official iOS/Android Pebble app: https://github.com/Hexxeh/libpebble

    But it would probably take some work to make it run on webOS.
    Great find
    Rnp likes this.
  12. #12  
    I hacked together a basic test service showing how to connect to a Pebble watch from webos using libpebble:

    Pebble watch service (alpha)

    It's not directly usable by normal users, and you need to have some decent Linux skills to try it out (and even then, it might not work for you ... luck of the draw).

    Realistically, I'm not planning on developing this much further, since sadly I no longer use my Pre3 as my primary phone and it's not really useful on a Touchpad. Just showing that it *can* be done.
    Jimbode and wareagleben like this.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenoyster View Post
    I hacked together a basic test service showing how to connect to a Pebble watch from webos using libpebble:

    Pebble watch service (alpha)

    It's not directly usable by normal users, and you need to have some decent Linux skills to try it out (and even then, it might not work for you ... luck of the draw).

    Realistically, I'm not planning on developing this much further, since sadly I no longer use my Pre3 as my primary phone and it's not really useful on a Touchpad. Just showing that it *can* be done.
    You know this might be a nice kickstarter program there greenoyster. Pebbles are pretty sweet and despite the small community...we are willing to pay for services and functionality! (reference ACL for Touchpad) I for one would donate to a "make Pebble work with webOS" kickstarter.
    broncot likes this.
  14. #14  
    Alright, so I am working on a Smartwatch manager for webOS (right now the code there is "proof of concept" and really is not too much how I want the final code to look like). https://github.com/dkirker/Chronos

    I am working to have it compatible with the MetaWatch (bit more work), Pebble, and probably a custom interface for the MotoACTV. I went by my local Best Buy hoping to make a splurge purchase on a Pebble. They were sold out of the black ones. (Maybe it was a good thing. I don't have $150 right now until I buy a new motherboard for my MacBook Pro.)
    Did you know:

    webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    barryb20, broncot, Rnp and 2 others like this.

Similar Threads

  1. Pebble E-Paper Watch
    By kamalot in forum webOS Accessories
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01/27/2013, 12:51 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05/05/2012, 09:49 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09/05/2011, 02:50 PM
  4. Should HP keep the pebble look?
    By nimer55 in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 02/23/2011, 08:17 PM
  5. Got a Stone to match my pebble: The Jabra Stone
    By edlex in forum webOS Accessories
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 08/16/2010, 03:15 PM

Posting Permissions