1.    #1  
    Sometimes Skype connects in a matter of seconds other times "signing in..." appears and it just will keep loading and loading forever but never actually connecting, what's wrong with it?
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    you could always ping the ip to skype and see if you have packetloss.

to test that on windows/linux id just run the skype client, connect as usual, then goto a dos prompt/terminal and run NETSTAT, the ip you need is obtainable with that command, then id just ping it and see if theres any abnormally large ping rates or packetloss.

if its worked for you previously then doesnt later id be guessing "temporary skype issues/outage" and then "packetloss/connection issues".

anyone else have anything more useful?
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    you could always ping the ip to skype and see if you have packetloss.

to test that on windows/linux id just run the skype client, connect as usual, then goto a dos prompt/terminal and run NETSTAT, the ip you need is obtainable with that command, then id just ping it and see if theres any abnormally large ping rates or packetloss.

if its worked for you previously then doesnt later id be guessing "temporary skype issues/outage" and then "packetloss/connection issues".

anyone else have anything more useful?
    Yes if anyone has similar issues do barge in as I didn't understand any of the above
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    I have had lots of problems with trying to get Skype to work on my UK Touchpad in the last few weeks, whether on webOS or on CM9. Prior to that it worked fine.

I downloaded the Android app "Oovoo" (a good alternative to Skype) to the CM9 partition of my touchpad. I can see the video of the person at the other end of the call, but, I cannot hear him. In addition that person cannot hear or see me. Not sure what is wrong with Oovoo either.

Hence I am having to use my netbook for either Skype or Oovoo at the moment.