Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By jbates
  • 1 Post By geekpeter
  • 1 Post By ToniCipriani
  1.    #1  
    So I have a Pre 3 that I have never really used since I don't have a case for it. I know there are screen protectors (which I need) but since it was never really released, there is not much in Pre 3 specific cases.

What have my fellow Pre 3 users found to be acceptable cases? I use a side opening belt clip case with my Pre 2 that I got with the Verizon accessory kit when they had them on sale. Is there anything similar that fits the Pre 3?
    Handspring Visor -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre Plus -> Developer Day Pre 2
    32Gb Touchpad, 32Gb Touchpad 4G w/ CM10 onboard
    Pre 3 waiting in the wings for a good reason to switch
    qbenguy likes this.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pdair-Black-.../dp/B006HGOJF8

love it, secure, doesnt feel cheap.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Jimbode likes this.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pdair-Black-.../dp/B006HGOJF8

love it, secure, doesnt feel cheap.
    Yeah I got one of those but I don't use it. Have to take it out to use the TS. I use a cheap Fuji-film camera case that attaches to my belt. Has a mag press stud. Sorry I don't have link to it but I got it years ago in Asda for my Pre 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbates View Post
    So I have a Pre 3 that I have never really used since I don't have a case for it. I know there are screen protectors (which I need) but since it was never really released, there is not much in Pre 3 specific cases.

What have my fellow Pre 3 users found to be acceptable cases? I use a side opening belt clip case with my Pre 2 that I got with the Verizon accessory kit when they had them on sale. Is there anything similar that fits the Pre 3?
    HP Pre 3 Monaco Aluminum Case - Black (Open Screen Design) This one is bulky, but is secure and well made
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    I used to use a BlackBerry Torch holster case my friend got for me. It's a bit tight initially but after the leather gets worked in it's fine.

BlackBerry Leather Holster for Torch 9810, Torch 9800 | BlackBerry Holsters | CrackBerry Canada

Last edited by ToniCipriani; 07/27/2013 at 12:14 AM.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Jimbode likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    I used to use a BlackBerry Torch holster case my friend got for me. It's a bit tight initially but after the leather gets worked in it's fine.

BlackBerry Leather Holster for Torch 9810, Torch 9800 | BlackBerry Holsters | CrackBerry Canada

Click to view quoted image
    nice!
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

I'm in a similar scenario. I recently purchased a Pre 3 and have been looking for cases and/or pouches. Being an original Pre owner, I had no idea that the accessories for the Pre 3 were limited. I've been looking on a few different websites, including eBay and this is one that I'm considering:

XL Black Secured Pouch Case Cover Holster Wallet Pocket for HP Pre 3 | eBay

I may end up buying it, and if I do I'll share my experience on here. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by qbenguy; 07/27/2013 at 08:57 AM.
    I always used the soft slipcase that came with my Pre+, so when I got my Preł, I bought this slipcase. It's a perfect fit! I didn't even find that the pull tab was necessary after the first day. I do have to be careful to not lower my ringer volume when I extract my phone from the case. I don't recommend inserting the phone "head down," as the gesture area is exposed and can be accidentally touched.

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
    Quote Originally Posted by xxshaun1xx View Post
    Are you actually using one of these?

Has it proven more durable than the Seido Innocase did on the Pre+?

Is it Touchstone compatible?

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
    Since everyone talking about cases for the unreleased Palm Pre 3, has anyone bought or seen this new case(not so much a case but it's interesting) for the Pre 3 it's Carbon Fiber texture design give super cool to the already sexy looking Palm Pre 3 aesthetics. I'm just looking a for a case that it offers a custom-fit to the my Pre 3 device while offering maximum protection from scratches and also a bit of style to my phone.

Does it seem a good fit ? And it only cost like $20 dollars:

Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    Is that an adhesive-backed vinyl skin?

Because dry carbon fibre is pretty fragile AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK. $The$ $other$ $option$ $could$ $be$ $a$ $thin$ $snap$-$on$ $shell$ ($prepreg$ $baked$ $in$ $a$ $mold$?), $but$ $it$'$s$ $kind$ $of$ $hard$ $to$ $tell$ $from$ $the$ $picture$...
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
    Since everyone talking about cases for the unreleased Palm Pre 3, has anyone bought or seen this new case(not so much a case but it's interesting) for the Pre 3 it's Carbon Fiber texture design give super cool to the already sexy looking Palm Pre 3 aesthetics. I'm just looking a for a case that it offers a custom-fit to the my Pre 3 device while offering maximum protection from scratches and also a bit of style to my phone.

thats a skin not a case, i had one but removed it, when placed inside my pdair case he sides would peel off and get squished, its just a skin u have to peel off and stick to the pre3 then you have to use a hairdryer to make it pliable and makes it stick and fit better.

Ive come to realise its only good on its own or in a case that doesnt grip into its case, in my instance, the pdair case grips the sides/back of the phone so you can still slide the keyboard out in the case, its a good design, just doesnt couple with the skinomi carbon fibre skin.

The skins will stop scratches but thats about it, if your worried about dropping it then you need a proper case, so youd need a pouch/sock type case if you plan on using the skin.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0opptlu4ap...2018.27.15.jpg
    heres a pic of my old skinomi carbon fibre skin and my pdair case.

i liked the skin, its just i like the pdair case more so the skin had to go with it being squashed/deformed by the case gripping what should have been the phone but ended up peeling back the skin over time.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Krusell Vinga large works fine. I attached the Krusell Multidapt adhesive adaptor, which fixes the case to the leather belt holder. After almost two years of daily use, it looks a bit outworn, though. I call it vintage...

My Developer Pre3 has this, but I also got a sleeve, Like the Palm Pre Sleeve, but it is a little bigger to hold the Pre3 during storage.

The Best way is to mold it via a hair dryer (it shrink fits the device)...

I dropped my Preł while it was in my Dicota slipcase--wouldn't you know that it landed on the exposed corner of the phone, cracking the bezel. I bought this Skinomi skin to put on it in hopes that it will keep the crack from getting any worse. It just arrived a few days ago, so I've not put it on, yet. Here's hoping that it will still slide into the slipcase without peeling off!

FYI, the "carbon fiber" is just a look--my understanding is that it's made of the same stuff as the Skinomi screen protector.

17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by ZehHa View Post
    Krusell Vinga large works fine. I attached the Krusell Multidapt adhesive adaptor, which fixes the case to the leather belt holder. After almost two years of daily use, it looks a bit outworn, though. I call it vintage...

So that is a top release leather case and the phone hangs vertically on your belt? My current Pre 2 case is side opening and sits sideways on my belt. How easy is it to get the phone out of the case?
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to this thread, frankly I had forgotten about it.

I checked that out and one of the Amazon what others have viewed link took me to the side address version of this case. Anyone have any experience with it?
    So that is a top release leather case and the phone hangs vertically on your belt? My current Pre 2 case is side opening and sits sideways on my belt. How easy is it to get the phone out of the case?
    Sorry for the late reply. Yes. It's very easy, as the locking strap pulls out the phone.

In the meantime I got a replacement Vinga. The new one has no rubber to pull back the strap (which made a nice evening DIY sewing project to add) and fits a little bit tighter.

But the Vinga'a leather finish quality could be better. The surface peels off already after 4 months of daily use.