Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ToniCipriani
  • 1 Post By dkirker
  1.    #1  
    Noticed these two browser problems popping up.

SSL - Started throwing 2035 errors when going to https://www.redflagdeals.com/ - I read around and someone said it's actually due to a server side certificate and how the webOS browser doesn't allow accepting "problematic" certififcates? I tried manually importing the certificate

Also tried manually going to the site via terminal and curl: SSL Error on webOS Devices - RedFlagDeals.com Forums

File download - Seeing how we lost box.com access, I found out that Box actually has dav access at https://dav.box.com/dav. I can get to the pages fine, but every time I try to download a file I get this:

I could use the m.box.com site, but it's quite annoying. Whenever I download a file, a new card opens and i have to refresh it a few times before the file download, and then when it downloads it changes the name to some fileZZZZZZ (Z is random) name.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot that error?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Remy X likes this.
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $BrowserServer$ $is$ $compiled$ $code$, $so$ $it$'$s$ $kind$ $of$ $difficult$ $to$ $poke$ $around$... $But$... $i$'$ve$ $seen$ $times$ $when$ $both$ $my$ $Pre$+ $and$ $the$ $Touchpad$ $threw$ $up$ $a$ $modal$ $dialog$ $asking$ $about$ $an$ $expired$ $certificate$...

It had options such as "trust", "trust once", and some kind of a deny/reject option, so there's definitely a config file where the user response is recorded. If we find that and manually enter problematic sites like Box, it might actually work.
    WRT the download problem. This is because the downloads are actually handled by another process. I believe it is just a wrapper to curl. So it and BrowserServer do not share cookie information and HTTP login credentials, IIRC.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Remy X likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    WRT the download problem. This is because the downloads are actually handled by another process. I believe it is just a wrapper to curl. So it and BrowserServer do not share cookie information and HTTP login credentials, IIRC.
    Heeey!

That reminds me of the issue where saving images that have a query at the end of URL returns a failure notification while the file gets saved to the root of the media partition (instead of Photos) with a non-usable filename... it's the same process doing it, so thanks for the clue...
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    Oh I know about the cURL part, that's why I did the troubleshooting.

Weird thing is, box.com if I download it through their website it DOES work, that uses cookie authentication, and so does Google Docs. DAV doesn't work because that is HTTP authentication. So somehow I think cookies do go through.
  6.    #6  
    Interesting plot twist: I tried again, it seems like plaintext and JPEG do download fine from Box DAV... I'll try a few more file formats...
    Last edited by ToniCipriani; 07/26/2013 at 06:59 AM.