1.    #1  
    =============sold=====================================================

Guys: I put my back up verizon pre3 on sale on amazon.com. it's a brand new device, but I did open the box charge it a few time to keep the battery from going completely drain.

List for $148.88.

Amazon.com: Buying Choices: HP Palm Pre 3 Verizon 3G Global Smart Phone, 16GB Black, QWERTY Keyboard, Touch to Share with Your TouchPad
    Last edited by red_sun99; 07/22/2013 at 12:09 PM. Reason: update status
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Thank you!
    Hard to find Verizon ones.

Granted I'm a Sprint customer still..... I know i could get them to activate it and the phone might work.... but no data.... still always wanted one to go with my touchpad 32, frankenpre2, pixi, and launchday pre-.

Thanks in advance.
  3.    #3  
    It's sold now.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gfdos.sys View Post
    Thank you!
    Hard to find Verizon ones.

Granted I'm a Sprint customer still..... I know i could get them to activate it and the phone might work.... but no data.... still always wanted one to go with my touchpad 32, frankenpre2, pixi, and launchday pre-.

Thanks in advance.
    How could you get Sprint to activate a Verizon Pre3? Thx.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cache View Post
    How could you get Sprint to activate a Verizon Pre3? Thx.
    First Verizon and sprint keep a whitelist of CDMA devices that are allowed on their network.... If you speak to the right tech and you can get them to add your device to that whitelist that allows your device to be activated on the 1G network... By 1G I mean phone calls and possibly text messages.... Not data.

As we have seen before with "frankenpreing" there is special software required to get data (2g or 3g) provisioning done. Unfortunately that is the rub..... How it was accomplished with frankenpre was activating the device and data provisioning on a pre-.... Then taking that radio board and moving it into a Pre+ or pre2.

Since pre3 is not comparable with those parts due to redesign, its not an option for pre3.

So as i said.... It might be possible to get it on sprint.... But no data.... Would have to be on WiFi for data.

There is very little chance anyone who had the ability to rewrite the data provisioning code for sprint for the pre3 would do it anyway because they would need proprietary CDMA+HP/palm code and permission to do so.

Supporting a phone that never was officially available for their network is not something they want to so either since there is no one who is trained to help.... So this is strictly a YMMV proposition anyway.