Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #1  
    Phone won't turn on, wont charge. Even removed battery with no success.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks
    WebOS used to be great! 👎

Pre, Veer and now iPhone. Since HP killed WebOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreJim View Post
    Phone won't turn on, wont charge. Even removed battery with no success.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Possibly a bad battery or a failed charging system. Any chance you can get your hands on a known good Preł battery to try? If you can, then you should be able to eliminate one of these two possibilities.

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
    Remy X likes this.
  3.    #3  
    Stock Pre 3 with only Preware on it.
    On AT&T.
    Happened the day after I tried to update app catalog.

have you tried recovery mode, by holding the volume up key, then plugging in the a/c charger, while the battery is NOT installed? that should give you the battery with question mark symbol.

then you put the battery in, while holding the volume up key still, and the big usb symbol comes on.

if you can make that happen, you can run the Dr.
  5.    #5  
    Never used the webOS Dr before. Is that my only option?

Maybe not - it may boot after trying the above! (Other batt & Vol/USB/Batt).

Otherwise Doctoring is not hard - but get it right!
    Download from here: WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
    Ensure Novacom drivers & Java installed.
    USB plug into PC.
    You on a Palm Profile?

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
  7.    #7  
    I sometimes get the battery symbol with the red line below it and sometimes I get the plug symbol?
    Any help?

Quote Originally Posted by PreJim View Post
    I sometimes get the battery symbol with the red line below it and sometimes I get the plug symbol?
    Any help?
    chargering it over 12 hours.......If doesn't work. maybe connector was loose (Your battery is fine).
  9.    #9  
    No still nothing.

I sometimes get the battery symbol with the red line below it and sometimes I get the plug symbol.....

Did it fall down the ground ? Try to hold battery by hand and plug into charger (pushing battery tight to the device). Or try put small paper into the gapping between battery to device.....
    Quote Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post
    Possibly a bad battery or a failed charging system. Any chance you can get your hands on a known good Preł battery to try? If you can, then you should be able to eliminate one of these two possibilities.
    I second that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    I second that.
    Strange things. What's type of pre 3 battery you are using ? orginal HP battery or "Mugen" battery. I feel that "Mugen" battery protector board does not fit pre 3 device (Saw a lot of problems of it). I had two "You Neng" pre 3 spare batteries and working fine..
    Need to inspect your pre 3 device complete and can find out problems...
    Quote Originally Posted by lemanho View Post
    Strange things. What's type of pre 3 battery you are using ? orginal HP battery or "Mugen" battery. I feel that "Mugen" battery protector board does not fit pre 3 device (Saw a lot of problems of it). I had two "You Neng" pre 3 spare batteries and working fine..
    Need to inspect your pre 3 device complete and can find out problems...
    I meant "I agree with that".

And i agree with you too.... perhaps those Chinese batteries you are referring to are less prone to making the phone reboot when taking picture with flash... if this is in fact the cure for that, then everybody needs to know

The Mugen batteries are clearly worse than the original, and besides the "camera flash => reboot" problem, i've heard of them die like the Touchpad due to a poorly designed battery charging circuit (on battery side)
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    I meant "I agree with that".

And i agree with you too.... perhaps those Chinese batteries you are referring to are less prone to making the phone reboot when taking picture with flash... if this is in fact the cure for that, then everybody needs to know

The Mugen batteries are clearly worse than the original, and besides the "camera flash => reboot" problem, i've heard of them die like the Touchpad due to a poorly designed battery charging circuit (on battery side)
    You are right.... Sometimes I would DIY mobile phone battery like Treo 680/ palm Pre battery. I would grab the orginal protect board from orginal battery. And look for a more stronger and more capacity cell. And just use clear electric tape to wrap it. Most of orginal battery waste the space if open the back cover .I remembered to DIY 1800mAh for Palm TT3 and 2100mAh for palm Lifedrive 6-7 years ago.
    Touchpad or touchpadgo battery protect board designs are very good . Really.....My one friend had grabed the Go battery board. Set up a battery windows programm and connect it to PC with some cables. Can fix and adjust "Dead" touchpad batteries. He told me that he can fix any "dead" touchpad battery except short-cut the cells..
    Remy X and Mutoidi like this.
  15.    #15  
    It has original battery that came with phone.

16.    #16  
    Anything else? Can't get into USB mode no matter what I've tried. :-(

17.    #17  
    Come on!

You might have some luck if you could borrow somebody's charged and working Pre3 battery...

If you do and it still doesn't work, that basically means your Pre3 has self-destructed and become another parts phone.

What you can also do is fully disassemble it and then reassemble again, taking care to ground yourself and avoid ESD, and handle parts in a way that nothing bends or breaks off.

But please don't feel like we've abandoned you or anything. You're just expecting us to solve the problem no matter what, but we've run out of options short of having physical access to your phone.
    Mutoidi likes this.
  19.    #19  
    Ok thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    have you tried recovery mode, by holding the volume up key, then plugging in the a/c charger, while the battery is NOT installed? that should give you the battery with question mark symbol.

then you put the battery in, while holding the volume up key still, and the big usb symbol comes on.

if you can make that happen, you can run the Dr.
    When I try to do that, the screen just goes dark.

I had a Mugen battery for at least a year and when I put it back in, it behaves the same was as the new battery. I didn't have any problems with the new one at first. It was one for about 6-8 hours or so and then just shut off. It had been shutdown twice today (on airliners) and had been working fine up until now. Any attempts to charge the battery or try to get it into recovery mode doesn't appear to help.

I'll have to search for my HP battery when I get home (on vacation now). Any suggestions?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast