Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    SOLVED

Hi There

Just got a shiny new Pre 3. Running 2.2.4.
    I logged in to my palm profile and it started to pull my data from HP maps refuse to download and install.
    Phone first activated in the US.

Any thoughts?

BR
    Beca
    Last edited by beca; 07/18/2013 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Problem solved
    Simens S3 -> Simens S10 -> Palm V & Simens S35i -> SE T610 & Palm T2 -> SE S700 & Palm T3 ->SE W810i -> Palm Pre- running WebOS 2.1!! @500Mhz -> Palm Pre 2. The Pre 2 rocks. -> Pre 3, Nice & Touchpad=> Future Pre 4 wanted.
    did the app cat and everything else update? and if so did you try a reboot and see if maps will update then.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Not the first time for this! Also try un-installing and then re-downloading/installing 'Maps'?

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Not the first time for this! Also try un-installing and then re-downloading/installing 'Maps'?

Thanks for your reply.

I looked at the app cat version number it said v2.1.10000. Did the app cat update anyway! Rebooted and it still said v2.1.10000.
    Re tried to download the HP maps and it WORKED!!

Problem solved, but I'm not sure what did the trick as it seems nothing changed, at least not visible to me.
    Simens S3 -> Simens S10 -> Palm V & Simens S35i -> SE T610 & Palm T2 -> SE S700 & Palm T3 ->SE W810i -> Palm Pre- running WebOS 2.1!! @500Mhz -> Palm Pre 2. The Pre 2 rocks. -> Pre 3, Nice & Touchpad=> Future Pre 4 wanted.
    I've always had the same issue when doctoring my phone. Retrying the download manually has always worked for me also.
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
    Quote Originally Posted by beca View Post
    Thanks for your reply.

I looked at the app cat version number it said v2.1.10000. Did the app cat update anyway! Rebooted and it still said v2.1.10000.

Problem solved, but I'm not sure what did the trick as it seems nothing changed, at least not visible to me.
    i think maps fails to install until the app cat is more current, only when thats up to date does maps tend to install right, this likely happens as when everything restores it probably doesnt care in what order their done by, if it did, it would do OS specific things first starting with the app cat, then games/other apps after the important stuff.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Thanks for your reply.

Now do yourself a favor, and download the Google Maps app from Preware.

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post
    Now do yourself a favor, and download the Google Maps app from Preware.
    Hi

I already have the google maps app by 72ka. Can't get by without it
    Just thought it was funny that hp.s own app refused to download!

I have a couple of games that that did not download at all. Original Angry birds and Assassins creed.
    Not sure if it matters but my trusted Pre 2 was activated in UK and the new shiny Pre 3 was activated in the US.
    Frustrating that paid apps refuse to download as i find them in the app cat.
    Last edited by beca; 07/18/2013 at 02:31 AM.
    The Maps App is special...

It has four functions:
    1) Remove the old Google Maps module (but leaves the directory structure there)
    2) Install Enyo if you do not have Enyo (which can cause issues)
    3) Install/Uninstall an app called Rebooter (which reboots the Phone and leaves the directory structure there)
    4) Install the new Maps app.

So 1,2,3 are what seem to cause all the fuss, as you are downloading many apps, it can't reboot, and because it might not be able to remove an app (as many are being installed on first use), and it might have an issue installing Enyo disk space issues?

But once you are done with that first wave, you can re-download the app (or what I did is cancel the download), and it never asks for it again (this also seems to fix the dreaded hey your webOS x versions is new six months down the road).
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    I have a couple of games that that did not download at all. Original Angry birds and Assassins creed.
    Not sure if it matters but my trusted Pre 2 was activated in UK and the new shiny Pre 3 was activated in the US.
    Frustrating that paid apps refuse to download as i find them in the app cat.
    Problem solved

Find the app you want and tap on it, if you have payed for it before you get the option to download it for FREE.

// Beca