Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By John Steffes
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Please? any help would be greatly appreciated. I never had this hooked up with an hp account, so does the update even do anything? Also I can't get the app store to load, is that just me?

I know you all probably know the answers to these questions, but I lost track of Webos, and am looking to get back with it can you help me out?
    I have no idea if this will help you but here's a link to a post that talks about a guide for those who will miss the update deadline...

http://forums.webosnation.com/open-w...ml#post3396527

I haven't read the guide myself, so i don't know if it's applicable.

John Steffes was working on an update script as well...
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    John Steffes was working on an update script as well...
    I have been testing an update to my super scripts, however, I was waiting to see if HP/Palm would release their App Catalog Update App, publicly on their website...

https://developer.palm.com/support/applicationupdate

They have not, the only way to get the update is thru a palm profile, App Catalog look for update and apply...

If one had the debug switch set to retain the IPK, or copied it during install I they can then use the Super Scripts...

So I have been waiting to see what HP/Palm is doing, which amounts to nothing to make this easy, their web site says stop network time update, back date your HP/Palm product join your palm profile, download the app catalog update to update the certs...

If they would release the App Catalog Update as a link on their website, one can download and then side load it with webOS Quick Installer, Preware, or command line (Novaterm), but without the link, the super scripts really only help the techie who knows what to do anyway...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 07/12/2013 at 10:18 AM.
    Remy X likes this.
    If your not planning on using a webOS account the update does nothing since you don't have any of the services that the update provides.

you cant access the app cat. because you don't have a webOS account set up. You will need to setup an account to access the catalog, and will need to update after you log into your webOS account. If you are going to do this, I'd do it now before you have to play with the date settings on the phone to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    I have been testing an update to my super scripts, however, I was waiting to see if HP/Palm would release their App Catalog Update App, publicly on their website...

https://developer.palm.com/support/applicationupdate

They have not, the only way to get the update is thru a palm profile, App Catalog look for update and apply...

If one had the debug switch set to retain the IPK, or copied it during install I they can then use the Super Scripts...

So I have been waiting to see what HP/Palm is doing, which amounts to nothing to make this easy, their web site says stop network time update, back date your HP/Palm product join your palm profile, download the app catalog update to update the certs...

If they would release the App Catalog Update as a link on their website, one can download and then side load it with webOS Quick Installer, Preware, or command line (Novaterm), but without the link, the super scripts really only help the techie who knows what to do anyway...
    John,
    I have GMan's patch that stops the ipk from being erased after downloading an app, in my Downloads I have a com.palm.app.findapps_2.1.10000.ipk, dated 6/7/2013, would that be it?
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    John,
    I have GMan's patch that stops the ipk from being erased after downloading an app, in my Downloads I have a com.palm.app.findapps_2.1.10000.ipk, dated 6/7/2013, would that be it?
    If you know how to rip apart the IPK, yes the certs are in the root of the app payloads....

So then yes the Super Scripts would work... But not easy for non techie...

When ready I will open a thread...