Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By ka1
  • 1 Post By TJs11thPre
  1.    #1  
    So a good man sent me a replacement Pre3, free (nice!). NIB, the works. I was so happy, and was tracking the package...

Supposedly it arrived at my door around noon today, Fed Ex claims they left it there. It is not there now.

;-(

I'm on the border of a iffy area, so it could have been stolen. Probably was. But:
    1. my car was in driveway
    2. security system shows someone was home (second car was in street). She says she did not see nor hear a drop off.
    3. phone was in an Amazon prime box, so not obviously valuable.
    4. another package was left by the door by the USPS, and was still there hours later.

Argh!!! Sorry, just venting, but only this group could understand my pain.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Oh man that stinks. I do feel your pain. I sent two pre3s to Brazil and thankfully they made it. Whew.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk II
  3.    #3  
    I shouldn't complain, it was free, and the kind man paid for shipping... So no real lose on my part, yet I really, really wanted this replacement.

I'm about to do a mental curse on whomever stole this package. Bad karma, bad juju, etc.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Too bad we don't know the phone's unique identifying numbers. Otherwise, with a proper police report the phone could be blacklisted as stolen, and once it's activated by a carrier, it could be recovered as stolen property (GPS beacon tracks the user's location)

But i doubt the nice man ever wrote those down
  5.    #5  
    Fed Ex lies...

When they said they "put it next to the door at XXX Place," they meant they put it in the mailbox a block away, on another street (though give them credit, the house number was the same, so there is that).

Sent my kids to pick it up and confirm, it is now in my house waiting! Joy!
    KA1
    geekpeter and Remy X like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
    Fed Ex lies...

When they said they "put it next to the door at XXX Place," they meant they put it in the mailbox a block away, on another street (though give them credit, the house number was the same, so there is that).

OH MAN THAT IS FANTASTIC!

i really was bummed out for you at the top of this thread! glad to hear you recovered it.

ALWAYS ALWAYS select "adult signature required" so there's a digital record of the receiver's signature. the shipper *not receiver* can access this at the tracking information page.

"sig required' is default when shipping to a business, but "no sig req'd" is the default when shipping to residential.

i've had to track down shipments that display some name the carrier types in, but when you look at the signature, it's obviously NOT that name.

On one occasion, the receiver complained they hadn't received an overnight package, and the tracking page said it was signed for by "B. Ackdoor"

B-ACK-DOOR... yep it was sitting by their back door.
    Remy X likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
    Fed Ex lies...

i find that with couriers of nearly any kind, my packages often get delivered by mistake to 1 of the other 2 streets that connect to mine, guessing they just dont know the area and their dumbass satnavs probably took them to the wrong street and ofc they never check and often dont even check the signature/name of the person collecting.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<