1.    #1  
    Hello Everyone,

Nostalgia brought me back to WebOs and I made my return yesterday with a Pre 3 (AT&T Unlocked).
    Everything is fine, and better than I remember.
    Except my most used feature being Yahoo Messenger is giving me issues.

It signs in Ok, but then it keeps saying "Signing In". It does this over and over for a about a minute and eventually I am signed out completely. Has anyone else had any issues with this? And if so could you please tell me how you resolved this issue?

Thanks. I am on 2.2.4.

Thanks again for any input.
  2.    #2  
    Anybody? Please, anything will help. I just want to know if I am alone in this or others are also experiencing it. Even if there is not solutions.

Thanks.
    I'll give it a go.

Firstly, I don't use messenger, secondly this is what I did on a Pre2...

I recently changed my yahoo password. Around that time, Google calendar stopped syncing. Coincidence? Maybe!

I ended up removing (from Accounts app) and reinstalling (in Calendar Accounts & Prefs) the google account. This solved the issue.

Then the email app stopped syncing with Yahoo. So I thought I'd try the same method: No go. The password was being rejected as invalid or there was some other error (something to do with a wizard). I double checked the password entry - it was correct and moreover, I could login via the web browser. I decided the ACTUAL problem was the settings. Some time ago, I had this problem:
    Workaround to fix the Yahoo email 1299 Error | webOS Nation
    The solution had worked, so although I wasn't having the 1299 problem, I decided to add Yahoo back manually. I did this via apps & prefs in the email app. This worked AND I found that if I then also added yahoo as the standard option again (i.e. pick 'Yahoo' & just login instead of the manual setup) that it was fine. Suspicion: Manual sets up yahoo with the correct settings so it accepts the password from the standard Yahoo setup option (I hope this is making sense!). I guess somewhere in yahoo is a wizard that knows the settings for palm synergy and it's not working (or is maybe gone?)

Sooo... given that setting up a synergy account gives you options to sync with Contacts, Messaging, Calendar & Email, maybe doing this will work, but maybe you need to manually set up the MESSENGER settings if that's possible...

You don't say if you use yahoo for mail and whether you are experiencing any problems with that. If you do & it's working, then perhaps the above is irrelevant, but to summarise my suggestions:
    1. Try removing and re-adding the account.
    2. Try manual setup
    3. If 2 works, you may be able to add the yahoo 'template' service back successfully, then delete the manual version so you get the little 'Y' icon back!

I hope someone else can offer better or more relevant advice.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    I'll give it a go.

Firstly, I don't use messenger, secondly this is what I did on a Pre2...

I recently changed my yahoo password. Around that time, Google calendar stopped syncing. Coincidence? Maybe!

I ended up removing (from Accounts app) and reinstalling (in Calendar Accounts & Prefs) the google account. This solved the issue.

Then the email app stopped syncing with Yahoo. So I thought I'd try the same method: No go. The password was being rejected as invalid or there was some other error (something to do with a wizard). I double checked the password entry - it was correct and moreover, I could login via the web browser. I decided the ACTUAL problem was the settings. Some time ago, I had this problem:
    Workaround to fix the Yahoo email 1299 Error | webOS Nation
    The solution had worked, so although I wasn't having the 1299 problem, I decided to add Yahoo back manually. I did this via apps & prefs in the email app. This worked AND I found that if I then also added yahoo as the standard option again (i.e. pick 'Yahoo' & just login instead of the manual setup) that it was fine. Suspicion: Manual sets up yahoo with the correct settings so it accepts the password from the standard Yahoo setup option (I hope this is making sense!). I guess somewhere in yahoo is a wizard that knows the settings for palm synergy and it's not working (or is maybe gone?)

Sooo... given that setting up a synergy account gives you options to sync with Contacts, Messaging, Calendar & Email, maybe doing this will work, but maybe you need to manually set up the MESSENGER settings if that's possible...

You don't say if you use yahoo for mail and whether you are experiencing any problems with that. If you do & it's working, then perhaps the above is irrelevant, but to summarise my suggestions:
    1. Try removing and re-adding the account.
    2. Try manual setup
    3. If 2 works, you may be able to add the yahoo 'template' service back successfully, then delete the manual version so you get the little 'Y' icon back!

I hope someone else can offer better or more relevant advice.
    Thanks. I will give these a try and let you know something.
    Thanks again for the reply.
  5.    #5  
    I tried that. Changed my password and that didn't work. Sad. Because I really loved the integrated IM clients, which is what I adored back when I had the first Palm Pre with Sprint. Oh well, what a shame. I will have to return it. I know it sounds silly, but that was the purpose for which I bought this phone. I missed a phone with a Physical Keyboard, Integrated IM, and WebOs all together.

Thanks for your Input.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Anyone been able to stay constantly signed into Yahoo Messenger?
    I have bought a Pre 3 again and will be using it as my daily driver for at least a month. I have cut down on my expectations as far as apps and all. But I would love only for Yahoo Messenger to connect and stay connected.
    Anyone having such luck?

Thanks.
    Hi Damionix,

On my Pre3 running 2.2.4 Yahoo Messanger seems to be continually signing in and out, and eventually staying signed out, similar to
    Yahoo Messenger Problem on Touchpad and Palm Pre