1.    #1  
    Hello everybody, I apologize in advance if this thread is a repeat thread. I just bought an ATT Pre3, I was on Sprint with a Franken Pre 2. What do I need to do to switch over, I'm not really worried about the apps since I don't use them anyways. All I want is my contacts and my pictures transferred. I can save the pictures on the computer so that's not an issue. So that just leaves contacts. Also I have Youmail visual voicemail installed, how do I transfer that? Anything I need to do to prep my phone before activating? I would really appreciate all the help. Thank you so much. P.S I love the way the Pre3 feels in my hand. Which also makes me sad that we won't see anymore of that.
    I believe that all this thread can help you:

Guide: Export your contacts to .CSV on Pre and Pixi

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    I believe that all this thread can help you:

Guide: Export your contacts to .CSV on Pre and Pixi

Best Regards...
    Or if all your contacts are in cloud sources (likely), then they'll still be there once you load up your profile and accounts on the Pre 3. Manual Synergy links may be broken, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by ananimus View Post
    Or if all your contacts are in cloud sources (likely), then they'll still be there once you load up your profile and accounts on the Pre 3. Manual Synergy links may be broken, though.
    +1, I have my contacts on Google for the longest time and it always re-sync back fine after re-entering password.

Knock on wood Google won't phase out the old API our phones uses.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIΙ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  5.    #5  
    Thanks guys, I appreciate all the help. My contacts are saved with palm profile, last time they all came back. Should I still save them on computer to be safe? And is that the only thing? I don't have to worry about which version the phone is running before signing in to my profile? Specifically I want to know if my TP would get erased if I activate Pre3?
    Last edited by haseeb81; 06/26/2013 at 01:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by haseeb81 View Post
    Thanks guys, I appreciate all the help. My contacts are saved with palm profile, last time they all came back. Should I still save them on computer to be safe? And is that the only thing? I don't have to worry about which version the phone is running before signing in to my profile? Specifically I want to know if my TP would get erased if I activate Pre3?
    I'd go ahead and backup your contacts, just for good measure. The procedure, which Rnp linked, is very straightforward and the CSV file can easily be imported into Google contacts or MS Outlook. Make sure to backup the "USB" partition, as that will have all of your pictures, documents, and videos. Just connect the phone to your computer, put the phone in mass storage mode, and copy what you need.

Quote Originally Posted by chaosrecords
    This is how to get you contacts from your Palm PRE or Pixi. You can create a .csv file to import into most email programs.
    • Open phone dialer on PRE or Pixi
    • Type ##66623#
    • Click on Export
    • This creates the export file (.CSV)….The more contacts you have the longer it takes
    • Connect your USB cable to the computer and also to the PRE when it prompts you too.
    • Click on the USB Drive on your pre to mount to computer
    • Once mounted on your computer, open windows explorer and the Palm PRE
    • Find the folder called temp and open it
    • You will find a file called PmMigration (this is the CSV file)
    • Drag to your documents folder on your computer (PRE Backup folder) if you have one
    • Use this file to import your contacts into Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail or Outlook
    • When you’re done Eject your Palm pre or safely remove hardware and then disconnect pre
    • Your done….
    The TP shouldn't be affected by the migration. Palm allows just one phone to be associated with a profile, so the FrankenPre will be removed, from the profile, once you log in with the new phone. The TP should be unaffected, furthermore you can add additional TPs without effecting existing TPs. (AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $no$ $one$ $has$ $ever$ $reached$ $a$ $maximum$ $for$ # $of$ $TPs$ $on$ $one$ $account$, $so$ $we$ $have$ $assumed$ $that$ $there$ $isn$'$t$ $a$ $limitation$, $in$ $that$ $regard$.)
  7.    #7  
    Alright got my Pre 3.running on a new profile. I tried to copy contacts but can't see temp folder anywhere.
  8.    #8  
    So everything worked just fine. All my contacts, messages and call logs synced properly. I did put my Pre2 in airplane mode and still is. Now I'm having issues with my Skype, I read the a few Skype related threads but they have different issues. I downloaded the app from app cat, it shows up in all accounts. But it doesn't do anything, it signs in fine and then nothing. The contacts are showing up anywhere.