Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By bradmeister1
  • 1 Post By HelloNNNewman
  1.    #1  
    Hello!

I noticed that when you close the unit, the edges is not aligned. When you look at the back of the phone, I can see at the left side, the edge of the screen. Even touching it, I can feel that is not well aligned.

Is this normal?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Salegumba View Post
    Hello!

I noticed that when you close the unit, the edges is not aligned. When you look at the back of the phone, I can see at the left side, the edge of the screen. Even touching it, I can feel that is not well aligned.

Is this normal?

Thanks!
    Sounds like the "Oreo Effect," which many people experienced on the Pre and Pre+. I haven't had this issue with any of my Pre 3s, but I imagine it would be possible with any slider phone.

PreCentral had a few notes on minimizing this issue for the Pre, perhaps you'll find it helpful: www.precentral.net/battling-palm-pre-oreo-effect-diy-style
    If you are talking about a major alignment problem, then that's not normal. But if you are simply feeling/seeing that one side has a fractional lip vs. the other side... that's rather normal. I just checked my Pre3 and it has (when looking at the screen) the lower right corner has a slight (very slight) lip at the slider section. Certainly not enough for me to even notice without really concentrating on it.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    If you are talking about a major alignment problem, then that's not normal. But if you are simply feeling/seeing that one side has a fractional lip vs. the other side... that's rather normal. I just checked my Pre3 and it has (when looking at the screen) the lower right corner has a slight (very slight) lip at the slider section. Certainly not enough for me to even notice without really concentrating on it.
    Yeah. That's what I noticed in my pre 3. Thank you!