1.    #1  
    So I just used Meta-Doctor to doctor my Pre3, after it would not establish a data connection all day. Long story short, I can't get my Pre3 to recognize my Palm Profile. I can log into it w/ Impostah but it doesn't appear in 'Accounts.' Now, I used either 'Bypass Activation' or 'Bypass First-Use,' I forgot which one (and I can't check at this time), so would that have an effect on this? Or would the expired root certificates have something to do with this? I know last time I doctored, I just bypassed activation through the dialer and later used Impostah, which worked. I also tried to run the first-use app via commandline but only the gesture tutorial comes up. I also had back-up disabled beforehand, so would this present an issue as well? Kind of at a loss here with why I my profile doesn't appear and why it isn't restoring all my apps...
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman97 View Post
    So I just used Meta-Doctor to doctor my Pre3, after it would not establish a data connection all day. Long story short, I can't get my Pre3 to recognize my Palm Profile. I can log into it w/ Impostah but it doesn't appear in 'Accounts.' Now, I used either 'Bypass Activation' or 'Bypass First-Use,' I forgot which one (and I can't check at this time), so would that have an effect on this? Or would the expired root certificates have something to do with this? I know last time I doctored, I just bypassed activation through the dialer and later used Impostah, which worked. I also tried to run the first-use app via commandline but only the gesture tutorial comes up. I also had back-up disabled beforehand, so would this present an issue as well? Kind of at a loss here with why I my profile doesn't appear and why it isn't restoring all my apps...
    1. what email if any is listed as your "palm profile" in the Device Information app?
    2. what palm profile is listed in your Accounts app?
    3. have you confirmed your palm profile is intact by logging in at the website?
    https://ps.palmws.com/palmcsext/cons...oginPage.iface
    4. have you tried logging into your palm profile from the Backup App, in the Preferences menu?
    you may need to turn Backup on again.
  3.    #3  
    1. Device Info lists nothing.
    2. Account App lists nothing.
    3. Works and lists my Pre3.
    4. I can log in no problem, and even after, same results in 1 & 2.

I'm probably going to redoctor, w/o the bypass options uncommented in the makefile to see if that makes a difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman97 View Post
    1. Device Info lists nothing.
    2. Account App lists nothing.
    3. Works and lists my Pre3.
    4. I can log in no problem, and even after, same results in 1 & 2.

I'm probably going to redoctor, w/o the bypass options uncommented in the makefile to see if that makes a difference.
    i'm hoping since a week went by w/o an update, you resolved your issue.

yes, if you used the 'bypass' methods in your meta dr, you would not have a chance to log in.

and it sounds like doing it that way, vs. using ##devmode, you didn't even get the Dr. Skipped FirstUse profile, which is what should have been in there if you had data connectivity.

of course, there will be no communication to palm profile servers without a data connection. and if you bypassed activation, i think you'd need a wifi connection to log in from the backup app. and then i'm still not sure if that would work, because i think the phone has to complete it's "phone activated" step before allowing a profile logon.