1.    #1  
    ok, now I should get a new sealed unlocked att pre 3 in box to replace this busted one ...when it comes, I assume it will hav webos 2.x (2.3)?

...should I expect an OTA update (if so, how soon), or should I doctor?

...if the latter, should I do this BEFORE signing in to my webOS account?

Since the old pre 3 is still registered to my webOS account, should I deregister it first?

How do I do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    ok, now I should get a new sealed unlocked att pre 3 in box to replace this busted one ...when it comes, I assume it will hav webos 2.x (2.3)?

...should I expect an OTA update (if so, how soon), or should I doctor?

...if the latter, should I do this BEFORE signing in to my webOS account?

Since the old pre 3 is still registered to my webOS account, should I deregister it first?

How do I do that?
    Hi....

I moved from my broken PrePlus to a new Pre3 a couple months ago (on AT&T). I followed the guide here on backup/restore: The Definitive Guide to Backing up and Restoring your webOS Device | webOS Nation . Do not expect any OTA updates from AT&T (as far as they are concerned, the Pre3 is an unsupported device - it took me a while to even get my ESN change done & get activated on the network). The good news it that the phone works quite well on AT&T's network.

You might want to review AT&T's support page for the device, too.

Good luck!
    The 2.2.3 -> 2.2.4 update comes down from HP servers, not AT&T. It should show up after you sign in to the profile if it's needed. Perhaps LewisR is correct if it was never approved by AT&T, but the fact that the Doctor exists implies otherwise to me.

Of course, Doctoring the new device straight to 2.2.4 before even getting started is a sure fire approach.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ananimus View Post
    The 2.2.3 -> 2.2.4 update comes down from HP servers, not AT&T. It should show up after you sign in to the profile if it's needed. Perhaps LewisR is correct if it was never approved by AT&T, but the fact that the Doctor exists implies otherwise to me.

Of course, Doctoring the new device straight to 2.2.4 before even getting started is a sure fire approach.
    so my 2 devices (old sick pre3 and healthy touchpad) are on the same palm account...

when my new pre3 comes, how do I do the switch over without messing up everything?

if I just register the sick pre3 on a new palm account, then when the new pre3 comes can I just sign in and all will be fine?

I have a veer registered on a separate palm account, no other device... can just register the sick pre3 on that account with the veer and then proceed to register the new pre3 on the original account with everything restored lickety-split ??

any other advice ?? ...tia !!