Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Then compare things that are actually important to you. Things like internal memory, whether or not the ability to add extra storage with a micro SD card is available, if you prefer to type on a physical keyboard or if a touch screen will work, the camera., whether 4G or LTE is important etc. There are too many variables in play to simply compare on CPU/RAM alone.
    Yep, but I'm not an expert of CPUs so I need others' opinion.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Pre 3 unless you want apps.

I finally made the move from my Franken Pre2 on Sprint last year to the GS3. I would've loved to had a Pre 3 instead. Sure, there are seemingly endless apps on Android and some useful features in the GS3 like SBeam to share pics and whatnot between my wife's GS3 and mine - no, not like in the commercial - but overall I miss the functionality of webOS deeply....oh, and I hate typing on the GS3.

I know you want a GS2 or Pre3 decision, but I'm hoping that suggesting a Pre3 over a GS3 gets the point across just as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by metro72 View Post
    Pre 3 unless you want apps.

I finally made the move from my Franken Pre2 on Sprint last year to the GS3. I would've loved to had a Pre 3 instead. Sure, there are seemingly endless apps on Android and some useful features in the GS3 like SBeam to share pics and whatnot between my wife's GS3 and mine - no, not like in the commercial - but overall I miss the functionality of webOS deeply....oh, and I hate typing on the GS3.

I know you want a GS2 or Pre3 decision, but I'm hoping that suggesting a Pre3 over a GS3 gets the point across just as well.
    My original Pre 3 broke. I got a Samsung Galaxy S2 as a free upgrade but gave it to my daughter as I had already bought a new Pre 3 as a reserve 'just in case' from ebay instead. Didn't even think about keeping the S2. I love webos and the physical keyboard.
  4.    #24  
    Ok guys, I've finally made my decision: Pre 3. My love for webOS greatly overcomes the features included in a Galaxy S2 which a Pre 3 will never get due to the lack of updates. What I love most of webOS is the card-alike multitasking, and I hate any kind of virtual keyboard. Thank you all for your useful opinions, ours is a great community.
    Quote Originally Posted by WebOSLloyd View Post
    Ok guys, I've finally made my decision: Pre 3. My love for webOS greatly overcomes the features included in a Galaxy S2 which a Pre 3 will never get due to the lack of updates. What I love most of webOS is the card-alike multitasking, and I hate any kind of virtual keyboard. Thank you all for your useful opinions, ours is a great community.
    You just cannot beat multitasking on webos. I have a gs4 and the darn thing relaunches games I've had running and I lose progress if I leave the app inactive too long or open up too many other things. Congrats on the pre3. You'll really like it.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk II
    martan1981#WN likes this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12