1.    #1  
    had "zizzly" play of wav in mail and now no music or media sound output including ringtones ...but phone vibrates and talk and listen and speakerphone work ...what to do ...read here and took off uberkenel and tried ausmt system checker & such ...no joy ...will a visit to the doctor do the trick, or is this the sad end for a solder/challenged guy ??
  2.    #2  
    update...after doktah visit music plays system sounds ok but NO RINGTONES ;;;what am i missing here??
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    update...after doktah visit music plays system sounds ok but NO RINGTONES ;;;what am i missing here??
    and more... Put on kalem media player which works fine with good audio... Seems the native player is broken... Still no ringtones working including stock... Wha??
  4.    #4  
    and more... Put on kalem media player which works fine with good audio... Seems the native player is broken... Still no ringtones working including stock... Wha??
    has "com.palm.mediadb is not running" got me here? Do I hafta doctor it again? Some help please...
    have you already tried anything pulse audio service related?

i had many props but did not warnt to doctor and found out that pulse cookies were my prob:
    Complete audio fail on webos 2.1 (not headset stuck)

there is even an app in preware for to restart pulse:
    Homebrew: Speakers not working? Fix it with PulseAudio Restarter | webOS Nation
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    have you already tried anything pulse audio service related?

i had many props but did not warnt to doctor and found out that pulse cookies were my prob:
    Complete audio fail on webos 2.1 (not headset stuck)

there is even an app in preware for to restart pulse:
    Homebrew: Speakers not working? Fix it with PulseAudio Restarter | webOS Nation
    Yes but no joy sadly
    You already also tried "Ghastly Headset" app, to see which "speakers" are active atm? Even if not using headset it can be filled up with dust and can act strangely. It's always a good idea to remove dust... from headset jack when having audio probs (dozens of threrads about it here).

Ghastly Headset states:
    "Current Media Mode is: ? "
    "Currect Phone Mode is: ? "
    On top there is an app "Audio Switch" which can route audio to several devices (Headset, BT, Backspeaker...) perhaps try this an attach e.g. headset to see if ringtone comes trough there to see that software is able to play those files.
  8.    #8  
    pent all night... Doctored again... Used all speaker s/w you cite ...may have no further way2go ...only fone ever had easy2use one hand due to phys challenge... Speakerphone still works wall but vibrat'n ring most calls missed... Very sad... I use fone as emergency lifeline & as comm to family not in view... Idea to doctor 2.23 ?? Ideas?? Thanks all...
    Given the number of problems you are experiencing, sadly the best idea might be to find another Pre3.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 06/17/2013 at 08:07 PM.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by rboerger View Post
    Given the number of problems you are experiencing, sadly the best idea might be to find another Pre3.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    OK, since the phone fits my physical needs so well, I decided to purchase a new one to overcome all this. It is on the way. Would someone tell me in simple terms (or point me if applicable) to a wiki how to move my stuff over to the new one WITHOUT messing up the palm backup which is also attached to my touchpad via the same registration? What will I lose doing this and therefor need to copy manually?

Many thanks!
    had "zizzly" play of wav in mail and now no music or media sound output including ringtones ...but phone vibrates and talk and listen and speakerphone work ...what to do ...read here and took off uberkenel and tried ausmt system checker & such ...no joy ...will a visit to the doctor do the trick, or is this the sad end for a solder/challenged guy ??
    I had the same problem yesterday, so I deleted the usb partition and reloaded what I wanted it seems that too many pictures and too much music can cause the sounds to stop now the phone is working great.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by syrar View Post
    I had the same problem yesterday, so I deleted the usb partition and reloaded what I wanted it seems that too many pictures and too much music can cause the sounds to stop now the phone is working great.
    I bought a new fone... that fixed it...
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I bought a new fone... that fixed it...
    I had the very same issue if the files count in DCIM folder is over 100 all music, ringtones, videos stopped playing, and only some system sounds where playing.
    The solution is to get the files in DCIM folder below 100 and reboot.
    I fixed my Pre3 this way 2 times till now.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by ivokpop View Post
    I had the very same issue if the files count in DCIM folder is over 100 all music, ringtones, videos stopped playing, and only some system sounds where playing.
    The solution is to get the files in DCIM folder below 100 and reboot.
    I fixed my Pre3 this way 2 times till now.
    oddly enough I discovered that independently by dumb accident ...to solve my issue I did go ahead & visit the dreaded doctor & prior to that backed up my stuff & cleaned house ...it did the thing you have suggested ...many thanks!