1.    #1  
    So really, never thought it possible, but the damn thing just flipped out of my hands when i was pulling it out of my pocket, luckily the toilet had just been cleaned prior to last use, thank god considering i put this thing up to my face...Still disinfected it though...haha.

But anyway, i've seen a lot of toilets claim phones, especially previous webOS phones, but i can happily report that the Pre3 came away unscathed.

The phone spent a solid 5-second count fully submerged. After pulling it out, the phone still appeared to function perfectly. I navigated to the device settings to turn it off (i know i could have just held down the power button, but i also wanted to test the touchscreen), but it seemed so undamaged, i debated just leaving it on. Obviously that would have been a terrible idea, so luckily the screen suddenly dimmed severely which was enough for me to realize that there's no way water didn't get inside. So I immediately pulled the back off and took the battery out.

From there I just dried it off with paper towel/etc... The one other thing i did was wedge a single sheet of napkin between the sliding mechanism and it did absorb some water. After just doing my best to make sure there wasn't a drop of water anywhere, i just let the phone sit (no rice, no silicon packet/etc..) for only 5 hours and then said what the hell and turned it on.

Phone is perfect. Speaker, microphone, touch interface, i ran through all the device testing, etc.. And the Pre3 came out victorious. Granted I wouldn't want to leave it submerged for longer than 5 seconds...
    32Gb LG G2 - 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
    32Gb TouchPad webOS 3.0.5 / Cyanogenmod 10.1 (4.2.2) Dual Boot @ 1.8Ghz

RETIRED:
    16Gb Pre3 webOS 2.2.4 @ 1.9Ghz - Mine
    32Gb TouchPad webOS 3.0.5 @ 1.8Ghz - LunaCE 4.9.5 - Also Mine
    16Gb Pre3 webOS 2.2.4 @ 1.9Ghz - Wife's (replaced with GS3)
    32Gb TouchPad webOS 3.0.5 @ 1.8Ghz - Also Wife's

Past: 2 Sprint Pre(minuses), a Sprintified Pre+, and a Sprintified Pre2.
    A smartphone repair guy on TWIT.tv mentioned once that most problems with water are a result of accelerated corrosion that happens due to the contact with water.
    as much as i love my pre3, if that happened to me and the toilet was er.... not empty, id have a long hard think about what to do next.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    as much as i love my pre3, if that happened to me and the toilet was er.... not empty, id have a long hard think about what to do next.
    And I completely agree with you.

They say a toilet bowl is usually cleaner than a dog's mouth, and well my dog typically licks me to death... but if it just hadn't been cleaned, or even worse, just recently used...oh man that phone would go straight to the trash.

As it is, i still sprayed and swabbed it with anti-bacteria cleaners...
    32Gb LG G2 - 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
    32Gb TouchPad webOS 3.0.5 / Cyanogenmod 10.1 (4.2.2) Dual Boot @ 1.8Ghz

RETIRED:
    16Gb Pre3 webOS 2.2.4 @ 1.9Ghz - Mine
    32Gb TouchPad webOS 3.0.5 @ 1.8Ghz - LunaCE 4.9.5 - Also Mine
    16Gb Pre3 webOS 2.2.4 @ 1.9Ghz - Wife's (replaced with GS3)
    32Gb TouchPad webOS 3.0.5 @ 1.8Ghz - Also Wife's

Past: 2 Sprint Pre(minuses), a Sprintified Pre+, and a Sprintified Pre2.
    Quote Originally Posted by C_McGuire View Post
    [...]but if it just hadn't been cleaned, or even worse, just recently used...oh man that phone would go straight to the trash.

As it is, i still sprayed and swabbed it with anti-bacteria cleaners...
    Really? Even with the relative rarity of the Pre3?

When this (used toilet) sort of thing happens, just take it apart and wash it with rubbing alcohol. Kills all bacteria after 30 seconds exposure AND displaces water (helping prevent further water damage)... 91% alcohol is best, but even 72% is good enough for the job.

If you'd still be disgusted after a thorough cleaning, part it up and sell it... though hopefully nothing of this sort will ever happen to the same phone again

But anyway, glad to know that everything turned out ok... for the record, it's happened to me once, with a flip phone..
    Last edited by Remy X; 06/14/2013 at 01:13 PM.