Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Xeron
  • 1 Post By laingman
  • 1 Post By Xeron
  1. Xeron's Avatar
    Posts
    237 Posts
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
       #1  
    I used to have a Peugeot 206, and I tried the touchstone in there, but the 12V wasn't very good, so every time I indicated, the Pre 3 would go "Bing Bong.... Bing Bong....", so I gave up.

    Now I have a VW Passat, and I suddenly remembered I had the spare touchstone and palm car charger, so I tried it out, and it works great!

    I love it so much... there is a perfect spot to perch the touchstone (the closed ashtray makes a flat shelf), and because of the all black dashboard, the touchstone and Pre3 fit right in.

    I'm so pleased with it!

    I showed my parents (who have an iPhone and a Windows Phone 8 device) both really wanted one, but I had to say "sorry, the touchstone won't work with your phones" ;-)
    My apps:
    Giddy 3 | Gridword
    Rnp and geekpeter like this.
  2. #2  
    I cant imagine driving around without a touchstone anymore
    Rnp likes this.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeron View Post
    ...every time I indicated, the Pre 3 would go "Bing Bong.... Bing Bong....", so I gave up.
    That sounds like a feature to me!
  4. #4  
    You could've ran the wire directly from the battery. Or even better from the BCM, so it shuts off with the car. That's how I did mine.

    It would do that on-off charging thing on mine when I operate the windows, but simple solution: install a patch to get rid of it.
  5. #5  
    it took a while but at least your touchstone eventualy got the intended use in the end, out of interest does this little pick me up help extend your pre3's usefulness/useability or were you wavering for a fruit/android or do you have the lot anyways.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  6. Xeron's Avatar
    Posts
    237 Posts
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
       #6  
    no... Pre 3 is my only phone, and I am planning to buy a new one on ebay because mine is a little worse for ware (it spent 10mins in the washing machine which left some slight watermarks on the display and a foggy camera).

    in the time that I've had webos phones (palm pre-, then pre3), my wife has had an iphone 3gs, a blackberry, a sony xperia tipo, and a samsung galaxy s3 mini. I have not been tempted by any of them. She also had a veer for a while, and she loved it but it kept locking up and resetting which frustrated her. I never had that problem with my pres.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeron View Post
    no... Pre 3 is my only phone, and I am planning to buy a new one on ebay because mine is a little worse for ware (it spent 10mins in the washing machine which left some slight watermarks on the display and a foggy camera).

    in the time that I've had webos phones (palm pre-, then pre3), my wife has had an iphone 3gs, a blackberry, a sony xperia tipo, and a samsung galaxy s3 mini. I have not been tempted by any of them. She also had a veer for a while, and she loved it but it kept locking up and resetting which frustrated her. I never had that problem with my pres.
    the washing machine? dear god i dont think ive ever heard of any electrical device surviving a good wash and spin before, as for replacements on ebay, i wonder how many are left, i know back last christmas when getting my android using family some touchpads+extras they were pretty thin on the groudn at the time, been a while since ive looked for more pre3's.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  8. Xeron's Avatar
    Posts
    237 Posts
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
       #8  
    there are quite a few new in box pre3s on ebay.

    this one was only in the machine for 10mins before I realised and fished it out. I pulled the battery immediately and dried it out. Now you'd hardly know except for a very slight water mark at the bottom of the screen that only really shows on bright areas of colour and because it takes foggy photos.

    it has also lost the middle of the p from the back and there is a crack by the volume rocker, but otherwise its in good shape. Its still enough for me to want to get a new one, though
    geekpeter likes this.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    You could've ran the wire directly from the battery. Or even better from the BCM, so it shuts off with the car. That's how I did mine.

    It would do that on-off charging thing on mine when I operate the windows, but simple solution: install a patch to get rid of it.
    I agree, the best way is to run it from the battery, and sometimes it's the charger that's the problem. So direct from the battery plus a palm charger will always work. Also I prefer not to have it turn off when the car is off, really annoying to have to turn the key just to get some juice.

    I bought the lighter socket thing at the auto store and left the original alone, my passenger can use that
  10. Xeron's Avatar
    Posts
    237 Posts
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
       #10  
    well its a moot point now since the 12v in the passat is rock solid
  11. #11  
    Glad you happy. It's good to have nice things
  12. #12  
    Pics or it didn't happen. :P
    Did you know:

    webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05/17/2011, 10:22 AM
  2. Touchstone in car + Sprint car charger
    By csrredcoat in forum webOS Accessories
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05/28/2010, 11:34 PM
  3. Replies: 39
    Last Post: 01/06/2010, 02:50 PM
  4. FINALLY the treo650 version of the Seidio car kits are out!
    By KEYofR in forum Palm OS Devices & Apps
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01/16/2005, 04:37 PM
  5. Finally have my car back!!!
    By ToolkiT in forum The 'Off Topic' Lounge
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07/29/2001, 07:49 PM

Posting Permissions