Like Tree12Likes
  • 11 Post By jccjmml7
  • 1 Post By creepingmee
  1.    #1  
    It is my understanding now, that I have officially lost all wireless phone logic and reasoning.......

I had an upgrade ready to go on Verizon (actually I have been sitting on it for a little while).

Fundage is quite low in my household, so here is what I did:

1. "Buy" new phone (free RAZR M) and pay the $30 upgrade fee.
    2. Sell brand new phone for cash.
    3. Order Pre 3 from Ebay with earnings (doing a little better than breaking even).

That is how I solved the riddle of wanting a Pre 3 for over a year.
    I "burned" an upgrade....kind of.

And the craziest thing of all......I felt compelled to do so BECAUSE of this "impending WebOS doom".
    What kind of sense does THAT make???

Hearing all of the doom and gloom made me want it more!

Can't wait to fire it up!
    This was the coolest post I have read in a while.
    ananimus likes this.
    I just got an iPhone 4 for development purposes and put it side by side w/the Pre 3. All this time I hadn't really realized that the iPhone screen is the same size as the Pre 3. I love my Pre 3!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    I just got an iPhone 4 for development purposes and put it side by side w/the Pre 3. All this time I hadn't really realized that the iPhone screen is the same size as the Pre 3. I love my Pre 3!
    It's funny that you mention this, I was looking at that same very thing just yesterday.

I was surprised TBH, I always thought the iPhone 4 screen would be bigger.

Just another reason to justify my illogic
    Global Posts
    1,068 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jccjmml7 View Post
    It is my understanding now, that I have officially lost all wireless phone logic and reasoning.......

I had an upgrade ready to go on Verizon (actually I have been sitting on it for a little while).

Fundage is quite low in my household, so here is what I did:

1. "Buy" new phone (free RAZR M) and pay the $30 upgrade fee.
    2. Sell brand new phone for cash.
    3. Order Pre 3 from Ebay with earnings (doing a little better than breaking even).

That is how I solved the riddle of wanting a Pre 3 for over a year.
    I "burned" an upgrade....kind of.

And the craziest thing of all......I felt compelled to do so BECAUSE of this "impending WebOS doom".
    What kind of sense does THAT make???
    If you had unlimited data on your account - dumb, dumb, dumb. You should have just saved up a bit more money and just bought the HP Pre 3 on eBay outright without buying any other device. By using your upgrade, you lost unlimited data. Additionally, you had to pay the $30 upgrade fee, which you wouldn't have had to do if you just bought from eBay and did nothing else.

Other notable devices:
    Windows laptops: Asus VivoBook X202E (Windows 8), HP Pavilion g4-1215dx (Windows 7)
    Chromebooks: Samsung Chromebook XE303
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    In real world looks: yes. But on paper the Pre 3 is bigger.
    iPhone 4: 3.5"
    Pre 3: 3.65"
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by CHIP72 View Post
    If you had unlimited data on your account - dumb, dumb, dumb. You should have just saved up a bit more money and just bought the HP Pre 3 on eBay outright without buying any other device. By using your upgrade, you lost unlimited data. Additionally, you had to pay the $30 upgrade fee, which you wouldn't have had to do if you just bought from eBay and did nothing else.
    Haven't had unlimited data for a while, wish I still did though.

By the way, got the phone in yesterday and I am really enjoying this vs. Pre2.
    Hmm... that makes me wonder if i have unlimited data with my Pre+... i always assumed that "unlimited" meant 5GB...
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    Hmm... that makes me wonder if i have unlimited data with my Pre+... i always assumed that "unlimited" meant 5GB...
    From what I recall a couple years back, yeah. AT&T and VZW were halting at 5GB and T-Mo was knocking people to 2G. Sprint had (and still has) truly unlimited, though their 3G is worth now, imho.
    Global Posts
    1,068 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    In real world looks: yes. But on paper the Pre 3 is bigger.
    iPhone 4: 3.5"
    Pre 3: 3.65"
    I have both an iPhone 4 and a Pre 3. The iPhone 4 is a taller device while the Pre 3 is wider device. By contrast, the Pre 3 has a "taller" screen while the iPhone 4 has a "wider" screen.

Other notable devices:
    Windows laptops: Asus VivoBook X202E (Windows 8), HP Pavilion g4-1215dx (Windows 7)
    Chromebooks: Samsung Chromebook XE303