Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bradmeister1
  1.    #1  
    Hello just bought used Verizon palm pre and at system info it states it is 2.0.3(4089). Is this a stock update or a doctored one?
    Quote Originally Posted by John Grabb View Post
    Hello just bought used Verizon palm pre and at system info it states it is 2.0.3(4089). Is this a stock update or a doctored one?
    Welcome to webOSnation's forums!

I assume that you are talking about a Pre 3, based on the forum location of this post...and I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that you meant 2.2.3...

If all of my assumptions are correct, than I can tell you that most Verizon Pre 3s came from the factory with 2.2.3, and thus for the most part, VZW 2.2.3 was not distributed as an OTA update.

However, a 2.2.3 doctor was publicly released, so it may have been previously doctored...Is that what you are trying to determine?

If by "doctored," you mean: Was the software modified before or after being installed on the device? Was it the result of a meta-doctor script? That is possible, but I'm not aware of any quick procedure for determining the source of an installed copy of webOS. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $it$ $would$ $require$ $an$ $in$ $depth$ $analysis$ $of$ $the$ $phone$'$s$ $ROM$, $to$ $determine$ $that$ $information$.

For more info on publicly released webOS Doctor versions, see: WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

If my assumptions were incorrect and you do have a phone with 2.0.3(4089), then I haven't personally seen anything about this particular configuration and you may either have an unreleased version of webOS or someone's custom build, on your device. I hope this information is helpful to you...
    RumoredNow likes this.