Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By brodykiller
  • 1 Post By RumoredNow
  • 2 Post By brodykiller
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    ImageUploadedByWebOS Nation1370037891.825235.jpgImageUploadedByWebOS Nation1370037906.701810.jpg

I just got this rare find off ebay for $160. Very excited to get this going. Will have to activate a prepaid account to get it rolling since I have Sprint, but I couldn't resist the find. Brand new in box and never used. I am planning on filming a unboxing on this since I couldnt seem to find on the CDMA version. What is the best site to give directions for preware and homebrew or the Pre 3? Is there a site with a list to show all the apps in home brew that I can select from?
    Remy X likes this.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    This is probably the best (/only) site for giving directions for Preware and homebrew. search around...
    Did you find all the steps and directions? I recently won a Pre3, waiting for it to arrive, and I'm ferreting away tidbits of wisdom, such as using PagePlus instead of Verizon, Doctoring to bring the OS to 2.4.4, setting the Profile, using my TouchPad profile, and loading preware. I don't KNOW anything, just collecting info for, if that helps.

Btw, there are $0.01 books on Amazon that talk about the Pre. Other than the 250pp download manuals (PDF) for the Pre3 and for the TP, I dunno about anything published specifically for the Pre3.
    Quote Originally Posted by hanksimon View Post
    Did you find all the steps and directions? I recently won a Pre3, waiting for it to arrive, and I'm ferreting away tidbits of wisdom, such as using PagePlus instead of Verizon, Doctoring to bring the OS to 2.4.4, setting the Profile, using my TouchPad profile, and loading preware. I don't KNOW anything, just collecting info for, if that helps.

Btw, there are $0.01 books on Amazon that talk about the Pre. Other than the 250pp download manuals (PDF) for the Pre3 and for the TP, I dunno about anything published specifically for the Pre3.
    Congrats on that new Pre 3(i'm sure you got lucky enough to win at the giveaway at WebOS nations), but care to give it away to me instead.....

I'm kidding.....not sure you willing to part with your recently new shiny gadget
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    LOL... I've never bee sure of the value of unboxing videos, but fire away... I'll watch this one.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    ananimus likes this.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Yeah me neither. I just figured since no one has really seen what Verizon was going to put together for it, I might as well share.
    RumoredNow and ananimus like this.
    PalmPixi, you're right, but you can't believe the frustration. The Pre3 just came... And this really is my first Cell Phone!!! [B/c of my job, I was always surrounded by multiple landlines].

Anyway, I have an iMac and I'm trying to figure out Doctor, and I want to use PagePlus, not Verizon .... currently charging my phone.

So, Brodykiller, if you have detailed steps and words of wisdom, I'm all ears!
    Well after a few hours of false starts, I stumbled across the correct configuration:

1. Unbox the phone - it was on and in USB mode.
    2. Plug it in and charge it for about 2.5 hours.
    3. Make sure you have the correct version of Java and Novacom running on your desktop (min is an iMac).
    4. Download Doctor to the desktop: WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
    I downloaded the 2.2.4 version for Verizon.
    5. Use the mini-USB cable (from the charger) to connect the Pre3 to the desktop. The instructions say don't use a hub, connect directly to the desktop.
    6. Run Doctor .... if I didn't do the previous steps, I got an error when trying to run doctor. When things were correct, Doctor ran just fine and only took about 15 minutes to run.
    7. I made lots of mistakes, no reason to confuse ... Don't set up the phone just yet. Note the MEID on the box.
    8. I called PagePlus, I suggested looking at Pre2 instructions, if they coudn't find Pre3. They asked for the city that I wanted to activate for, asked for the MEID, and started the process. Then they told me to press the phone icon, go into the emergency screen, delete 911, and enter # ... and a number that I didn't write down. Made some mistake, and we did that again. Bam! Everything works. I set up with the $29 plan.
    9. Then, I logged into (HP Tablet) Palm account, but I didn't record details. It downloaded my apps from the catalog.
    10. I logged into Facebook for the contacts, and will do the same with my iMac, later. I logged off of facebook, because I don't want them sync'ed ... It's bad enough that the NSA now knows who I am :-)
    11. Haven't loaded Preware, yet...

Lemme know if I left something out, correct as needed...

Hope that helps someone.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hanksimon View Post
    Well after a few hours of false starts, I stumbled across the correct configuration:

1. Unbox the phone - it was on and in USB mode.
    2. Plug it in and charge it for about 2.5 hours.
    3. Make sure you have the correct version of Java and Novacom running on your desktop (min is an iMac).
    4. Download Doctor to the desktop: WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
    I downloaded the 2.2.4 version for Verizon.
    5. Use the mini-USB cable (from the charger) to connect the Pre3 to the desktop. The instructions say don't use a hub, connect directly to the desktop.
    6. Run Doctor .... if I didn't do the previous steps, I got an error when trying to run doctor. When things were correct, Doctor ran just fine and only took about 15 minutes to run.
    7. I made lots of mistakes, no reason to confuse ... Don't set up the phone just yet. Note the MEID on the box.
    8. I called PagePlus, I suggested looking at Pre2 instructions, if they coudn't find Pre3. They asked for the city that I wanted to activate for, asked for the MEID, and started the process. Then they told me to press the phone icon, go into the emergency screen, delete 911, and enter # ... and a number that I didn't write down. Made some mistake, and we did that again. Bam! Everything works. I set up with the $29 plan.
    9. Then, I logged into (HP Tablet) Palm account, but I didn't record details. It downloaded my apps from the catalog.
    10. I logged into Facebook for the contacts, and will do the same with my iMac, later. I logged off of facebook, because I don't want them sync'ed ... It's bad enough that the NSA now knows who I am :-)
    11. Haven't loaded Preware, yet...

Lemme know if I left something out, correct as needed...

Hope that helps someone.
    Thanks! I'm looking to buy a Pre 3 and this will definitely help me. I appreciate it!