Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Hello all

after experimenting with a pre 2 I decided to get a pre 3 but the one I bought on ebay has a horrible keyboard sometimes it takes me 3 hits for a single letter to be registered. I looked around and seen a couple of threads but no solution to this problem that has been reported on varies pres is there any solution to this or should I ask for my money back. In his listing the sell didn't mention any problems with the physical keyboard only saying that he installed the virtual keyboard which doesn't help me as those keys are even smaller than the real ones, is there anything I can do to make the virtual keys more confortable to use.

I just spent half a day unlocking the device to be used on tmobile (att model) I hate to think that it was all wasted.
    Hmm.. tricky!
    I guess that the seller already 'mentioned' that the VKB was installed, is an indicator that he/she possibly also required to use that alternative?
    There are threads here about keys not registering on first hit of the key - is this what you arre experiencing - or worse?

I suppose it could be a bad connection..

How are you with a screwdriver 'gadgetbOy'?

Otherwise 'Doctor' it, re-test it and then return/exchange it if nec. is ny advice

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mutoidi; 05/26/2013 at 03:01 AM.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Hmm.. tricky!
    I guess that the seller already 'mentioned' that the VKB was installed, is an indicator that he/she possibly also required to use that alternative?
    There are threads here about keys not registering on first hit of the key - is this what you arre experiencing - or worse?

I suppose it could be a bad connection..

How are you with a screwdriver 'gadgetbOy'?

Otherwise 'Doctor' it, re-test it and then return/exchange it if nec. is ny advice

I think that its the same as what other people are experiencing. I have tried to reset it by doing a full reset lead to an experience to find the unlock code with some tricky invasive hacking (the problem was their when I turned on the phone the first time though before the hacking and hasn't gone away). As for my screwdriver skills I replace my battery and screen on my old 5g ipod before what you suggesting.